5,599,677 Members 46,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ADB stuck erasing 'userdata'

Tip us?

datboyc
Old
(Last edited by datboyc; 6th December 2013 at 09:32 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default ADB stuck erasing 'userdata'

Like the title says, I'm stuck at the erasing 'userdata' part of flashing back to stock.

I'm following the information from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513701
I chose to use method 1, since i'm lazy and just want the new 4.4.1. Everything was going well until that part. Please help, I don't want to brick my phone by doing something stupid like unplugging it.... Unless that'll work.

also the little android with the ! is not present. The screen still shows the large android with blue squares inside. I also did not factory reset before i tried to do this.

comicbookguy72
Old
(Last edited by comicbookguy72; 6th December 2013 at 09:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by datboyc View Post
Like the title says, I'm stuck at the erasing 'userdata' part of flashing back to stock.

I'm following the information from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513701
I chose to use method 1, since i'm lazy and just want the new 4.4.1. Everything was going well until that part. Please help, I don't want to brick my phone by doing something stupid like unplugging it.... Unless that'll work.
formatting partitions can take ages on this phone. i stopped mid-format on cache with an early version of TWRP a couple of weeks ago and it's taken the best part of a day yesterday to sort it out - i couldn't even flash kernels or boot animations without bootloop (on the second boot? wtf??), and ended up going back to stock, locking the bootloader and repeatedly formatting all partitions to sort it! (it might be worth locking and unlocking the bootloader before you put your data back since you're there anyway....)

datboyc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well I decided to be brave and boot from TWRP recovery, but when I unplugged the phone ADB showed an error saying "Too many open files in system". The phone then rebooted on its own, and the little android with the ! came up, and the process seems to have worked. Thank you for the information about taking forever on the formatting, I will keep that in mind when I flash a custom recovery again.