5,597,871 Members 38,552 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Add an extra person to existing group SMS Hangout?

Tip us?

xda_fanboy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Question [Q] Add an extra person to existing group SMS Hangout?

I setup and sent some SMS to a group of contacts. I have realised that I need to add an extra person to the group. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to accomplish this. Searched extensively already: the only thing I've found reference to is an 'Add Person' icon that does not display for me.

If I go into the Hangout, clicking on the list of names at the top serves to activate the < which takes me back to the main Hangouts list.
If I access the People and Options sub-menu it displays the current "People in this Hangout" but there is no option to add anyone new.

Any suggestions please?

KitKat 4.4.2
Hangouts 2.0.217

Vcize
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just came upon this doing a google search looking for the same thing.

As far as I can tell, it's not possible. Did you ever figure it out?

I can't comprehend how something made by google and being pushed so hard in Android is so user unfriendly. How is this not an option??

xda_fanboy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcize View Post
Just came upon this doing a google search looking for the same thing.

As far as I can tell, it's not possible. Did you ever figure it out?

I can't comprehend how something made by google and being pushed so hard in Android is so user unfriendly. How is this not an option??
No, although I haven't tried in the updated versions of Hangouts, but I'm guessing if you're just posting here that it's still not working. I agree it seems like a basic function for something they have forced upon us.