Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 44,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Address bar suggestions not showing up in Chrome

Tip us?

d_phekt
Old
Thanks Meter 332
I thought it was only me. Spent an hour or so trying to figure it out. Hopefully gets sorted out soon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Device: Google Nexus 5 D820 Black 32GB
Rom: Stock KitKat 4.4.3 KTU84M/Rooted
Kernel: ElementalX
Recovery: Clockworkmod 6.0.4.5
Carrier: -T---Mobile-

joannn
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 13
Default Address bar not showing up in chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav_uk View Post
For some reason today, when I type a search query or URL in the address bar in Chrome, no predictions are coming up. I have the 'Search and URL suggestions' box ticked in settings/privacy.

I tried switching the search engine to Yahoo instead of Google and started getting suggestions again, but I much prefer the suggestions that Google makes. I've tried restarting my phone, clearing data from Chrome in Apps, Force closing Chrome, uninstalling updates to Chrome etc. Nothing.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get address bar predictions to come back?

Thanks
I too am having similar issues and can't find a single suggestion that fixes the problem. When I type in the address bar, auto suggestions do appear, but they are only from my search history and bookmarks. None of them are search suggestions like when using google.com.

I did follow the instructions provided to enable Google Suggestions in the address bar, then use Ctrl+K to place the cursor in the Omnibox to conduct a search, and begin to enter query you will receive query suggestions. That is, when Google.com is the default search engine.

References (2)
Suggestions in the address bar : Search - Google Chrome Help
Google Chrome Help -- Keyboard Shortcuts

Worked for me !!!

sav_uk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by joannn View Post
I too am having similar issues and can't find a single suggestion that fixes the problem. When I type in the address bar, auto suggestions do appear, but they are only from my search history and bookmarks. None of them are search suggestions like when using google.com.

I did follow the instructions provided to enable Google Suggestions in the address bar, then use Ctrl+K to place the cursor in the Omnibox to conduct a search, and begin to enter query you will receive query suggestions. That is, when Google.com is the default search engine.

References (2)

Worked for me !!!
Thanks for the advice. I think you're referring to the desktop browser whereas we are all referring to the Chrome browser on the Nexus 5.

My search predictions seem to be back again which is good. Has anyone else got theirs back?
Current device: Nexus 5 - simply amazing. The best.

Previous smartphones: HTC Desire, HTC Sensation XE, HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 4

666fff
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Mine's working again.

ShivaSmith
Old
(Last edited by ShivaSmith; 25th April 2014 at 09:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Default [SOLVED -- Thanks Google :^).]

Confirmed… Google fixed this! :^)

https://productforums.google.com/for...0/bCZ8uEV3zR8J

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue - our team was able to identify the root cause, and this issue should be fixed soon!

Edit: This should be fixed now. Please let us know if Suggestions is still not working!