Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 42,837 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any advise on black.

Tip us?

Trel
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I've heard doing this is permanent, and that you can't go back?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10733
Haha Ha

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

howard bamber
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Here's some icons "shady"

From my mobile telephony device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1399377991399.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	2728752  

Trel
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard bamber View Post
Here's some icons "shady"

What is that icon pack? I searched shady, but it's not showing up.

howard bamber
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Yes it's in uk store, in that name. I'll dig out a Web address when I've got a minute if you like

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1399388908352.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	2728956  

Trel
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard bamber View Post
Yes it's in uk store, in that name. I'll dig out a Web address when I've got a minute if you like

Nope, that was enough to get it to show up without being burried by 50 trillion shady things lol

howard bamber
Old
Thanks Meter 174
BTW if you want a standard rom in black and white with no blue! Try "Elixr" good stock and fully black and white, when you add icons

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1399408259332.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	2729527  

3DSammy
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by agonzalez1010 View Post
I'm looking for an app or something that will give me a black theme, icons, most importantly when I open an app (like CNN, PlayStore, etc.) It will have a black background with white text.

I tried using the inversion setting but is then trows off my already black wallpaper to looking white and stuff. I have vision issue which is why I am looking for this.

I am running stock but am rooted. I was Running the carbon rom for this but got tired of installing nightlies for hammerhead. I'm just going to wait until they have a production version.

Thanks in advance,

Angel

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
You already have the Team Blacked Out link so here is a more obscure theming app. This app allows you to override the colors on most Web pages. It works with both browsers and apps that display html pages within the app itself (eg. Flipboard). I use it on both my Nexus 5&10. Read how it works and how to install here:
[HOW-TO] Blacked out theme effect for Web pages (needs root)

A theme able alternative to YouTube which has some additional features is called Viral. Find it on the play store. That app allows no end of UI Color theming.

You can also use the XPosed framework and two modules (Gravity Box and HKTheme Manager) to implement dark themes including Color finer tuning nav and status bars. Here is a dark theme on the playstore which works with HKTheme Manager.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...theme-t2597690

Good luck
Google Nexus 5 & 10: [4.4.4] rooted Stock, Franco kernel (on N5, on N10), TWRP, Xposed, GravityBox, SuperSU Pro and ViPER4Android Audio Effects FX
The Following User Says Thank You to 3DSammy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

agonzalez1010
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
I like to thank everyone for their suggestions. Based on all the information everyone contributed to this thread I was able to customize my phone to work with the dark themes. Again this was requested because of some vision issues I have and despite one individual who decided to rant off without reading why I requested this, everyone else's suggestions help me set up my phone to work perfectly. Thank you all again.

------------------------TREAD CLOSED---------------------------------------------
Regards,

Agonzalez1010

{Current Daily Driver: - Nokia Lumia 925/iPhone5S}

{Previous Phones:Blackberry [Who didn't back in the 2000's? ] MotoCliq, NEXUS One, HTC EVO, Epic 4G, Nexus S, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, Galaxy S2, iPhone 5S, Nexus 5, Nokia Lumia 925}