Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,162 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Album Art

Tip us?

SiflOlly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Album Art

Is there a CD ripping program that will include the album art for songs? With iTunes and an iPhone, it just works, but when you put those same songs on my Nexus 5, I get no album art. I don't want to download a program from the Play Store, I just want it to work. I tried Album Art Grabber, and it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

CRIME INC.
Old
Thanks Meter 1,945
You can use playerpro and search the internet for album art. However this won't rip CDs, just play mp3s when moved to the phone

sent from my HAMMERHEAD neXus

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiflOlly View Post
Is there a CD ripping program that will include the album art for songs? With iTunes and an iPhone, it just works, but when you put those same songs on my Nexus 5, I get no album art. I don't want to download a program from the Play Store, I just want it to work. I tried Album Art Grabber, and it doesn't work. Any suggestions?
You can tell Google to download album artwork. It might not be working because you only have it on to download over WiFi. If you are on WiFi trying clearing cache and reobtaining it.

Sent from The Deathstar

SiflOlly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller View Post
You can tell Google to download album artwork. It might not be working because you only have it on to download over WiFi. If you are on WiFi trying clearing cache and reobtaining it.

Sent from The Deathstar

Where specifically are these settings?

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Inside play music

Sent from The Deathstar

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

To clear cache its in settings of the app. So settings >apps>play music> clear

Sent from The Deathstar

jsgraphicart
Old
(Last edited by jsgraphicart; 4th February 2014 at 04:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,398
I have always used Media Monkey on my PC to embed the artwork into the files. After doing that, it shows up on whatever device I play them on. I dont know how Apple does it with iTunes but I know they are stingy and only like their stuff working with their products.