Guide to Dual Boot Snapdragon Note 4

Dual Boot is one of the most desirable features for a flashaholic, and with this guide by XDA … more

Has ART Made a Noticeable Jump in App Performance?

We’ve received mixed reports about switching to ART but it seems that the … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Drop Test

The Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge are already proving to be amongst the head turners of 2015. … more

Consolidated GApps Central

Following the retirement of Paranoid Android GApps Provider TKruzze and subsequent deletion of … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Can I use an AMERICAN/ENGLISH Nexus 5 in Italy?

4th June 2014, 11:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
I would like to buy a Nexus 5 from Swappa.
If it is American or British, I can use it in Italy? What should I keep in mind?
4th June 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #2  
thesebastian's Avatar
Senior Member
Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 224
 
946 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simone_ASR

I would like to buy a Nexus 5 from Swappa.
If it is American or British, I can use it in Italy? What should I keep in mind?

The united states version and the United Kingdom version are different.

- The Italian N5 is the same as the British/UK version. (Model: D821)
- The USA version is another model D820.

You can use both N5 versions in Italy for 2G and 3G networks.

BUT if you want to use LTE/4G networks you must choose the D821 variant from UK/Europe/etc. NOT the D820 variant from USA.

Sent from my Nexus 5
4th June 2014, 12:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesebastian

The united states version and the United Kingdom version are different.

- The Italian N5 is the same as the British/UK version. (Model: D821)
- The USA version is another model D820.

You can use both N5 versions in Italy for 2G and 3G networks.

BUT if you want to use LTE/4G networks you must choose the D821 variant from UK/Europe/etc. NOT the D820 variant from USA.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thank You very much!
Then, I should to buy an UK (or Europe) version. I understood. ^^
The Following User Says Thank You to Simone_ASR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #4  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 16,207
 
27,734 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simone_ASR

Thank You very much!
Then, I should to buy an UK (or Europe) version. I understood. ^^

UK, European, Asian, African...etc.

Just not "North America". There are only 2 models that exist
4th June 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

UK, European, Asian, African...etc.

Just not "North America". There are only 2 models that exist

Ah.. Ok ok, thanks!
4th June 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #6  
howard bamber's Avatar
Senior Member
Southport
Thanks Meter: 193
 
1,411 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
The British is the same as the Italian

From the wonders of mobile telephony.
4th June 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard bamber

The British is the same as the Italian

From the wonders of mobile telephony.

Thanks to all, Friends!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes