Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] large ammounts of sms being sent error

Tip us?

socialPankakeMix12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] large ammounts of sms being sent error

recently i purchased a nexus 5 directly from Google, soon afterwards i rooted it, installed the latest version of cyanogenmod 11. shortly after that i had my service, consumer cellular (at&t based) hooked up and now have access to calling and texting. the annoying part is when i send even one text to anybody, i get the error message "hangouts is sending a large number of SMS messages. do you want to allow this app to continue sending messages?" i understand that this is built into the os in order to prevent overuse of texting, however i find it very annoying as it comes up with the message after every text even if i haven't texted in hours, is there any way to change this so this does not happen? it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

melkenglas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by socialPankakeMix12 View Post
recently i purchased a nexus 5 directly from Google, soon afterwards i rooted it, installed the latest version of cyanogenmod 11. shortly after that i had my service, consumer cellular (at&t based) hooked up and now have access to calling and texting. the annoying part is when i send even one text to anybody, i get the error message "hangouts is sending a large number of SMS messages. do you want to allow this app to continue sending messages?" i understand that this is built into the os in order to prevent overuse of texting, however i find it very annoying as it comes up with the message after every text even if i haven't texted in hours, is there any way to change this so this does not happen? it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Go to settings then go to security and scroll all the way to the bottom. Change the max to 30 or 200, the highest you prefer, and you shouldn't get the notification anymore. I doubt you send 200 msgs in any 30 min period. Haha