Originally Posted by davidmore
We know that Android L Preview release have same issues : One of this is Wifi/USB Tethering not works.
I find on xda a temporary fix for this issue (thanks buraktamturk) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3041
I simply done a shell script that give you and install the default gateway ip for your active data connection.
So every time you active a new data connection and you must done a tethering Wifi/USB condivision,
remember to run before this script.
Whats you need for make it work.
Your device must be rooted and you must have busybox installated link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....busybox&hl=en
Install Root Explorer from play store (is not free) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...explorer&hl=en
You need it for execute wifi-tethering-lpv-fix.sh (you can also use terminal emulator even if you need more steps)
Download and Unzip the script attached and save it on your Nexus5 folder (i.e. /system) and give permission rwx (read-write-execute) with root explorer apk. (or chmod 777 wifi-tethering-lpv-fix.sh with terminal emulator)
RUN WIFI/USB TETHERING SCRIPT
After that every time you start a new data connection done this steps:
1. Run wifi-tethering-lpv-fix.sh with Root exlorer apk
2. Enable and disable tethering ; After that re-enable it. (this step is important otherwise dhcp server is not started - internal bug from Android L preview)
Now your USB or WIFI tethering connection would be work.
Ok, so between your post and the other fix that you have posted, i have had SOME success, but is this significant?
I have a Nexus 5, that generally has a sim card i use primarily for data, which is on Aldimobile (MVNO using the Telstra 3g network), at the time i first tried this, i had an Amaysim (MVNO using Optus 3g network) inserted. So heres what happened -
I first followed your procedure (Amaysim card inserted, unsure how or if this is significant) , which allowed me to create a wifi hotspot connection between the laptop and the mobile. The effect was actually almost immediate when i ran your script. This did not allow any data throughput.
I then used the procedure you have provided in your link above, and bamf, i had a working wifi tether connection. Easy as pie.
I can report that it is repeatable, and you can enable then disable tether at will, until you reset the phone, and you have to go through the whole shebang again (i presume due to your mobile provider updating your ip address)
BUT - I then wanted to use my Aldi mobile in it, as the Amaysim is the one i generally use in my general purpose mobile, so i slapped the Aldi sim into the mobile... and.... nothing.
No amount of fiddling around with resetting the tether, changing settings, your script, the other script, would allow either a tether or data throughput.