Undervolt settings

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By homer__simpsons, Junior Member on 28th August 2014, 02:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello, I'm new on this forum then I'm sorry if i post in a bad section for my questions... But I think I should post here.

I've got several questions:

- Is there really no risk about undervolting CPU, I asked me about this because no one forum tell risk but compagny thaty produces phones don't set the minimal voltage required for each frequencies.

- Is there an app to force CPU usage at 100% to test undervolt options.
Example: I undervolt 2265MHz with -50mV, I launch app, click on 100% uage then it use at 100% my CPU, if it crash undervolt is to high. If it don't crash undervolt is good, maybe continue tu undervolt.

- Is there an automatic app to undervolt ?
Example: It decrease 1mV by 1mV with always the same frequencie of CPU and 100% CPU usage then when phone crash it restore the last value of voltage, then it do it with another frequency etc etc ...

- Which voltage do you use ? And are there voltages the same for all nexus 5 or they will change depending of each processor.
To give me an opinion about what to use

- If I found a minimum voltage, will it be the same for all kernel ?
Example: I'm on Kernel A, my min for 300MHz is 725mV, I switch to kernel B, Will it work with 725mV for 300MHz??
More generally it depend only of the processor or also of the kernel, governor, I/O scheduler ??

I Think it's all maybe other questions will come

I Thank you for all your constructive response. Don't hesitate to ask me to develop certain question and tell me mistakes .
28th August 2014, 02:45 PM |#2  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 19,342
Theres an undervolting thread. Should be linked in the "Sticky roll-up thread" which you can get to via my signature
28th August 2014, 03:00 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
Okay, thank you
Okay, I will copy/paste my message

Thak you for the information.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread