5,600,919 Members 42,600 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android screen flickers, shakes,Please Help.

Tip us?

Sabrber
Old
(Last edited by Sabrber; 12th November 2013 at 08:54 AM.) Reason: more info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Android screen flickers, shakes,Please Help.

Hi Android GURUs,

Please your help needed. I'm new to Android (i've always used Iphone), I have brand new Nexus 5, bought in UK 8 days ago. Last few days I'm having this major problem with the screen. The problem occurs when I start using the phone for 15-20mins. It's absolutely impossible to use the phone screen .

The screen starts shaking everything in gets mixed up, flickers and impossible to use it. I tried to restart it and nothing happens.

When I leave it for 30 mins it behaves normal again but after 15-20mins using the same problem again.

I'm thinking whether I mad wrong decision moving to android, please prove me wrong and tell me android also as good as iPhone.

I'm new to this forum hence NOT allowed to link my youtube video where I could link it.

Please any1 send me email I'll reply with my youtube link.

many thanks

Ginkeltjes
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Sounds like you have a faulty device. Nothing to do with Android or the phone at all.. Just bad luck.. Can happen to anything that you get one that has a manufacturen problem.

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrber View Post
Hi Android GURUs,

Please your help needed. I'm new to Android (i've always used Iphone), I have brand new Nexus 5, bought in UK 8 days ago. Last few days I'm having this major problem with the screen. The problem occurs when I start using the phone for 15-20mins. It's absolutely impossible to use the phone screen .

The screen starts shaking everything in gets mixed up, flickers and impossible to use it. I tried to restart it and nothing happens.

When I leave it for 30 mins it behaves normal again but after 15-20mins using the same problem again.

I'm thinking whether I mad wrong decision moving to android, please prove me wrong and tell me android also as good as iPhone.

I'm new to this forum hence NOT allowed to link my youtube video where I could link it.

Please any1 send me email I'll reply with my youtube link.

many thanks
You may have a faulty device, this flickering is not software related but is caused by faulty hardware imo. Exchange i asap as its soon going to die on you.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

Sabrber
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: Screen issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginkeltjes View Post
Sounds like you have a faulty device. Nothing to do with Android or the phone at all.. Just bad luck.. Can happen to anything that you get one that has a manufacturen problem.
May be Faulty device may be it just Kitkat bug. please send me your email I'll link youtube video .

many thanks

pakjebakmeel
Old
(Last edited by pakjebakmeel; 12th November 2013 at 09:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 82
Very clearly a graphics card glitch. Bad memory by the looks of it. Very similar to the issues seen on the tegra3. Get it returned!

Not even anything to do with the screen; this is the graphics unit. When the GPU is damaged you usually get artifact and strange line emitting from the middle of the screen, the issue you have usually occurs when the memory on the GPU is damaged. Faulty screen redraws etc.

Regardless, not a screen issue but a graphics card/memory issue. Needs replacement, no software by the looks of it.

Ginkeltjes
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrber View Post
May be Faulty device may be it just Kitkat bug. please send me your email I'll link youtube video .

many thanks
Either way you will need to replace the device. So send it back where ever you got it from so you can get it exchanged.

I also highly doubt its an Android 4.4 bug... Because of 2 things:
  • Your the only one with the problem, if it really was an Android 4.4 bug you would see more people with this problem.
  • Screen flickering most of the time is either a hardware defect or a driver problem.
Current phone: Nexus 5 - Current tablet: Nexus 7
Old phone: HTC One X - Old tablet:: Galaxy Tab 8.9

Sabrber
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: Screen issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginkeltjes View Post
Either way you will need to replace the device. So send it back where ever you got it from so you can get it exchanged.

I also highly doubt its an Android 4.4 bug... Because of 2 things:
  • Your the only one with the problem, if it really was an Android 4.4 bug you would see more people with this problem.
  • Screen flickering most of the time is either a hardware defect or a driver problem.
It's just incredible , isn't it?

I was so reluctant to switch from Iphone but decided to go for android waitied 6 months for nexus 5 to arrive. Look at the odds: I got FAULTY phone.
Sound like Bad luck.

This forum is amazing, got reply immediately.

Guy many many thanks and keep it coming suggestions.

Sabrber
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
People,
For any1 interested. I had to exchange the phone. It was as previously mention from members CPU manufacturer FAULTY device.

r1c4rd0
Old
Thanks Meter 38
im having the exact same screen flickering nott good!!!
Sony Xperia Z & Asus Tf101< Samsung Galaxy Nexus < huawei x5 < sony ericsson live walkman < samsung omnia2 < samsung omnia < qtek s200 < qtek s100 < i-mate sp3i