5,600,429 Members 33,015 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android torrent virus experiences?

Tip us?

mellevdlinde
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Android torrent virus experiences?

Hey guys I was wondering if some of you have ever experienced issues like a virus due to downloading and opening torrents on your android devices.
I would also like to hear if your device became slower because of torrents!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Nexus 5
Stock ROM, Franco Kernel

Nexus 7
Stock ROM, Franco Kernel

TheBestEver
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellevdlinde View Post
Hey guys I was wondering if some of you have ever experienced issues like a virus due to downloading and opening torrents on your android devices.
I would also like to hear if your device became slower because of torrents!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
as far as i know, android devices arent capable of getting a "virus". ive been wrong before though........

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBestEver View Post
as far as i know, android devices arent capable of getting a "virus". ive been wrong before though........
They are if you download hacked apks from spam websites. Use the play store/amazon app store and you're going to be fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 211

DONATE TO ME
Nope, definitely no viruses. You CAN get malware from installing shady apps that have unnecessary permissions that can create backdoors to the phone to funnel your info through, but that's really about it. Torrents could make your phone slower only if it's hogging your bandwidth or if it's a poorly written app and has memory leaks or something to that affect.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]