Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,076 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't answer a call when charging with qi

Tip us?
 
Ginu
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default Can't answer a call when charging with qi

Hello,

i have the following problem with my Nexus 5:

I am charging my phone with a china qi charger at work. Charging works well.

When I get a phone call, it is not possible to answer this call. I slide from the middle to the right, it vibrates once and the circle goes back to the middle. The phone is still ringing. I have to push the power button twice to be able to answer the call.

No problems like this while charging with a cable or while not charging.


Anyone with the same issue or a suggestion?
 
bblzd
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 252
Posts: 1,179
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Generally speaking you're not supposed to accept or make phone calls while a phone is charging. For me personally that would be one of the conveniences of Qi, to be able to pick up the phone and set it back down to charge when the call is done.
W32
 
OuncE718
Old
#3  
OuncE718's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 301
Posts: 1,993
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DC by way of BK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Hello,

i have the following problem with my Nexus 5:

I am charging my phone with a china qi charger at work. Charging works well.

When I get a phone call, it is not possible to answer this call. I slide from the middle to the right, it vibrates once and the circle goes back to the middle. The phone is still ringing. I have to push the power button twice to be able to answer the call.

No problems like this while charging with a cable or while not charging.


Anyone with the same issue or a suggestion?
It's more than likely your charger. I literally just asked my girlfriend to call me so I can test it and it works. I'm using the Nokia DT-910. I don't know how your finances look but if I were you I'd at least get a used Nokia DT-900, Nokia DT-910, etc. from Craigslist.

I know the off brand chargers are cheap but they are pretty dangerous they can either damage your phone or cause a fire while you're sleeping. Never buy off brand electronics.

I bought 2 Nokia DT-910's for $20 total! There are always deals on Craigslist.

sent from my neXus 5
 
Ginu
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd View Post
Generally speaking you're not supposed to accept or make phone calls while a phone is charging. For me personally that would be one of the conveniences of Qi, to be able to pick up the phone and set it back down to charge when the call is done.
No, the problem occurred often when I got a call while charging with Qi but I accepted the call not before I had it in my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718 View Post
It's more than likely your charger. I literally just asked my girlfriend to call me so I can test it and it works. I'm using the Nokia DT-910. I don't know how your finances look but if I were you I'd at least get a used Nokia DT-900, Nokia DT-910, etc. from Craigslist.

I know the off brand chargers are cheap but they are pretty dangerous they can either damage your phone or cause a fire while you're sleeping. Never buy off brand electronics.

I bought 2 Nokia DT-910's for $20 total! There are always deals on Craigslist.

sent from my neXus 5
Update: The problem occurred also without charging the phone with Qi for a couple of days. But less frequently...
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes