Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Antutu strange benchmark

Tip us?

anthraxx90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Antutu strange benchmark

Hi, when i run Antutu benchmark Test in my device i get very very different result, my nexus goes from 18000 to 29000, can someone tell me why this happens? in details i can see that all statistic of my device are nerfed when i make low score, and overpowered when i make good score.

JasonX199
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthraxx90 View Post
Hi, when i run Antutu benchmark Test in my device i get very very different result, my nexus goes from 18000 to 29000, can someone tell me why this happens? in details i can see that all statistic of my device are nerfed when i make low score, and overpowered when i make good score.
Thermal throttling.

It downclocks your cpu to a lower speed, so it will not melt like ice cream. All phones have this. The only that differs is the thermalthrottle speed. The Xperia Z1 for example stays a bit more on higher speeds. I hope that they can boost ours higher too. I never had higher than 23000 on antutu. But those are just numbers, who cares

anthraxx90
Old
(Last edited by anthraxx90; 25th January 2014 at 02:20 PM.) Reason: Tried
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonX199 View Post
Thermal throttling.

It downclocks your cpu to a lower speed, so it will not melt like ice cream. All phones have this. The only that differs is the thermalthrottle speed. The Xperia Z1 for example stays a bit more on higher speeds. I hope that they can boost ours higher too. I never had higher than 23000 on antutu. But those are just numbers, who cares
i'm now trying with a ice bag under it
And yes i score 29800 lol , that's crazy, is there anyway to remove this limit at cpu?

JasonX199
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
i'm now trying with a ice bag under it
And yes i score 29800 lol , that's crazy, is there anyway to remove this limit at cpu?
Yes, A new kernel would help. But really, the only that will boost are some numbers on benchmarks. Lemme spoil you one, antunu will score 32000-36000. And a icebag doesn't help, Disposing your phone in the fridge would.

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 192
What are you benchmarking for?

Sent from The Deathstar

ickoicko
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller View Post

Sent from The Deathstar
Bragging purposes I assume. I kid.
Snapdragon 805 2.5 GHz
Adreno 420 GPU
5.2 - 5.4 inches with 2k screen resolution
Battery at 3000 - 5000 mAH
16 Megapixel Pelican Imaging OIS Camera
Android 5.0 (I guess)

- Dream specs for my next Nexus

anthraxx90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller View Post

Sent from The Deathstar
To Compare Max performance with other devices Top Gamma, like my girlfriend's note 3 and my brother's Z1

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
To Compare Max performance with other devices Top Gamma, like my girlfriend's note 3 and my brother's Z1
I suggest downloading chaos kernel then and tweaking the thermal throttling as other settings. Comes with NXT tweaks very nice app to adjust everything. Good Luck.

Remember to take benchmark scores with a grain of salt. Look at our benchmark thread here.... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2506965