Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Antutu strange benchmark

OP anthraxx90

25th January 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Hi, when i run Antutu benchmark Test in my device i get very very different result, my nexus goes from 18000 to 29000, can someone tell me why this happens? in details i can see that all statistic of my device are nerfed when i make low score, and overpowered when i make good score.
25th January 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
127 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthraxx90

Hi, when i run Antutu benchmark Test in my device i get very very different result, my nexus goes from 18000 to 29000, can someone tell me why this happens? in details i can see that all statistic of my device are nerfed when i make low score, and overpowered when i make good score.

Thermal throttling.

It downclocks your cpu to a lower speed, so it will not melt like ice cream. All phones have this. The only that differs is the thermalthrottle speed. The Xperia Z1 for example stays a bit more on higher speeds. I hope that they can boost ours higher too. I never had higher than 23000 on antutu. But those are just numbers, who cares
25th January 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonX199

Thermal throttling.

It downclocks your cpu to a lower speed, so it will not melt like ice cream. All phones have this. The only that differs is the thermalthrottle speed. The Xperia Z1 for example stays a bit more on higher speeds. I hope that they can boost ours higher too. I never had higher than 23000 on antutu. But those are just numbers, who cares

i'm now trying with a ice bag under it
And yes i score 29800 lol , that's crazy, is there anyway to remove this limit at cpu?
Last edited by anthraxx90; 25th January 2014 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Tried
25th January 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
127 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthraxx90

i'm now trying with a ice bag under it
And yes i score 29800 lol , that's crazy, is there anyway to remove this limit at cpu?

Yes, A new kernel would help. But really, the only that will boost are some numbers on benchmarks. Lemme spoil you one, antunu will score 32000-36000. And a icebag doesn't help, Disposing your phone in the fridge would.
25th January 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #5  
mistahseller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 199
 
814 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
What are you benchmarking for?

Sent from The Deathstar
25th January 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Pasig
Thanks Meter: 54
 
423 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller

What are you benchmarking for?

Sent from The Deathstar

Bragging purposes I assume. I kid.
25th January 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller

What are you benchmarking for?

Sent from The Deathstar

To Compare Max performance with other devices Top Gamma, like my girlfriend's note 3 and my brother's Z1
25th January 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #8  
mistahseller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 199
 
814 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthraxx90

To Compare Max performance with other devices Top Gamma, like my girlfriend's note 3 and my brother's Z1

I suggest downloading chaos kernel then and tweaking the thermal throttling as other settings. Comes with NXT tweaks very nice app to adjust everything. Good Luck.

Remember to take benchmark scores with a grain of salt. Look at our benchmark thread here.... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2506965

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes