5,600,984 Members 43,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is anyone's 311k model screen losing yellow tint?

Tip us?

mattfox27
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
Default Is anyone's 311k model screen losing yellow tint?

Just received my replacement nexus 5, 311k with larger speaker holes and like everyone else my screen is super yellow and looks terrible. Has anyone screen cooled down and lost the yellow tint over time or is that just a myth? Also does faux's gamma control app fix that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

qbanlinxx
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Now that you mention it, when I first got my N5 it did seem a little yellowish. After a few weeks either my eyes have adjusted or its gotten better

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mattfox27
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
Bump...

Hash_Map
Old
Thanks Meter 7
The screen will get better after a bit. Its a case of your eyes adjusting to it and whatever glue that needs to dry (which is beyond me). Mine is a 311k as well and the yellow tint has definitely decreased. I also have faux's kernel and its kernel app has a gamma patch that helps with increasing certain colors over others.

Sent from my rooted stock Nexus 5 using XDA Premium. God I love this phone.

adio01
Old
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
You will get use to it. My second N5 was much more yellow then the first one I had. Barley notice a thing now that I have gotten use to it.

mattfox27
Old
(Last edited by mattfox27; 22nd December 2013 at 04:01 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
Just to throw it out there for anyone I received my initial N5 311k model and it had problem with the power button so I RMA'd it and got a replacement with the new hardware (bigger speaker holes) and like some people seem to notice the screen on the new device was extremely yellow and warm. I let it sit for a while overnight and turned the screen on every once in a while to the white background of Google now and overnight and the more I used it the screen lost its yellow tint and cooled down, so it seemed to have gone away by itsself...just posting for anyone else who might have the same issue

FYI..

nexus 5 have two version display , That's normal.

and if you have tune color , flash custom kernel Franko r23 and install app N5 Gamma Testand , then tune colors like you want 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544128

and instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=620

adey64
Old
Thanks Meter 23
good question, anyone else have any update on this?

Alex240188
Old
Thanks Meter 631
Why does everybody blame the glue. Issues with glueing are commonly seen as small yellow circles in the corners of the screen.
A completely yellow tinted screen for an extended period of time will almost certainly be a calibration issue.
No screen is identical and lg will not individually calibrate every single device.
Either RMA it or look into fauxs calibration app

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7451
Why does everyone call 311k a model? Its not. Its hardware rev_11 like all other nexus 5's!

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.