Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,684 Members 49,483 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AOSP build from source. Time and date goes back to 1970.

Tip us?

bariz143
Old
(Last edited by bariz143; 23rd April 2014 at 02:39 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 312
Default [Q] AOSP build from source. Time and date goes back to 1970.

Hi guys.

Just started to buld my own AOSP build from source. Im using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and everything works great with repo sync and building the rom.

I flash the buld and everything works great to. Time and date is correct. Google sync works. Google now works.

But when i reboot my phone the time resets to 1970 for about 15 seconds till it goes to current date and time. But i get like 10 notifications from all of my apps saying google sync error. Time error and whats up says time error to. Goggle sync is stuck on sync. google now dont work and so on.

I have tried to build it over and over again without luck. I wiped everything before flashing the zip. I even did a fresh clean install of ubuntu and did everything from the begining but it still resets to 1970.

I tried to build CM11 rom also and everything works great. No time issues. So why is pure AOSP doing this?

I have been trying to fix this for days without any luck.

signature
justinisloco Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bariz143 View Post
Hi guys.

Just started to buld my own AOSP build from source. Im using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and everything works great with repo sync and building the rom.

I flash the buld and everything works great to. Time and date is correct. Google sync works. Google now works.

But when i reboot my phone the time resets to 1970 for about 15 seconds till it goes to current date and time. But i get like 10 notifications from all of my apps saying google sync error. Time error and whats up says time error to. Goggle sync is stuck on sync. google now dont work and so on.

I have tried to build it over and over again without luck. I wiped everything before flashing the zip. I even did a fresh clean install of ubuntu and did everything from the begining but it still resets to 1970.

I tried to build CM11 rom also and everything works great. No time issues. So why is pure AOSP doing this?

I have been trying to fix this for days without any luck.

Im not the sharpest crayon in the classroom, so take this with a grain of pepper...

It may be your recovery. I notice that my backups time code with 1970 ALL THE TIME. stopped using timestamps. But check in your recovery to see if you can adjust time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bariz143
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 312
Yeah I thought it was recovery to .tries philz, twrp and cwm without luck. The funny thing is cm11 based ROM don't have this bug and I have compiled both according to the guides

Sent from my AOSP on HammerHead using Tapatalk
signature

rootSU
Old
(Last edited by rootSU; 23rd April 2014 at 10:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinisloco View Post
Im not the sharpest crayon in the classroom, so take this with a grain of pepper...

It may be your recovery. I notice that my backups time code with 1970 ALL THE TIME. stopped using timestamps. But check in your recovery to see if you can adjust time.

It's nothing to do with recovery. Recovery couldn't pick the time up because Qualcomm devices used a different method to record the time so for a long time, no one knew how to get this data into recovery.

This has been understood for a while now however, and it's the Qualcomm time daemon recording time in /data/system/time that can be used for time data however, with the build the OP has created, the time is not recording to that location.

Really what this thread needs to be asking is for anyone to point the OP to what a proper implementation of time daemon looks like I.e. the code

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bariz143
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 312
Would be very appreciated if someone could pint me in the right direction.

Sent from my AOSP on HammerHead using Tapatalk
signature

bariz143
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 312
Anyone?

Skickat från min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk
signature