App to Defrost->Run->Freeze other apps?

OP the_rebel

4th July 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

158 posts
Oh well... I'm rather surprised something like this doesn't exist as an app already. I'd make one if I could!
4th July 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #22  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,154

23,144 posts
More
Really? Doesn't surprise me at all

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
5th July 2014, 06:28 AM   |  #23  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 71

532 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rebel

Yeah, I've tried this and similar apps, and Titanium Backup can do the same thing (using labels and filters and creating a widget), but all these options bulk enable/disable apps. This is good for their own use cases, but when you want to launch one frozen app without jumping through hoops then they don't work so well. Like when I have lets say 50 apps frozen, then when I enable all I suddenly have 50 more apps in my app drawer and I can't keep a shortcut to the frozen app in a separate folder on homescreen either because they get deleted once you freeze an app.
The way I wanted was a single click shortcut that would unfreeze the app, launch it and then freeze it back when I'm done or screen turns off.

This way I can keep all such shortcuts in a single folder on my homescreen too, and they won't get deleted as they point to the monitor app.

I don't think you understand....App Quarantine is not Titanium backup, it's tap and it unfreezes the single app. Tap again and it refreezes it and just it. It doesn't defrost 50 apps and it's a widget on the screen so you don't have to launch any other apps like titanium to manage it. (It doesn't freeze it back without a tap). It's an App Quarantine widget that looks like the app shortcut icon and doesn't disappear when the app is frozen
The Following User Says Thank You to rancur3p1c For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

158 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancur3p1c

I don't think you understand....App Quarantine is not Titanium backup, it's tap and it unfreezes the single app. Tap again and it refreezes it and just it. It doesn't defrost 50 apps and it's a widget on the screen so you don't have to launch any other apps like titanium to manage it. (It doesn't freeze it back without a tap). It's an App Quarantine widget that looks like the app shortcut icon and doesn't disappear when the app is frozen

Wow, THANK YOU! I think I had checked out App Quarantine earlier, but didn't see its powerful widget feature. I took it as just another app freeze/unfreeze application.
The single app widget with its locked/unlocked overlay is great. It even launches the unfrozen app with that single click just like I wanted. Its perfect!

@rootSU Like I said, I'm surprised something like this doesn't exist, turns out it does and I just had to find it, with rancur3p1c's help

Consider this question answered.
The Following User Says Thank You to the_rebel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread