Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

[Q] Apps background sync doesn't work when connected to wifi

OP amitkapate

16th February 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Munbai
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
More
Apps not working when connected to WiFi.....apps background sync doesn't work when connected to WiFi......please help me....I am using stock android
16th February 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,527

10,228 posts
Probably an issue with your WiFi. Can you open a browser? Does it work?
16th February 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Munbai

18 posts
More
Browsing works....but the background sync doesn't work
16th February 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,527

10,228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkapate

Browsing works....but the background sync doesn't work

What do you mean by apps don't work on Wi-Fi? Also, the apps that don't sync, which ones and is back getting syncing enabled.

Sent from my Nexus 5
16th February 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

46 posts
Delete and re-install it...
16th February 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Munbai

18 posts
More
Means the I get Facebook notifications when mobile n/w is on.....but when I connect to WiFi there is no notifications.... Same with whatsapp also
27th May 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #7  

2 posts
Donate to Me
More
BAckground Apps IsSue
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkapate

Means the I get Facebook notifications when mobile n/w is on.....but when I connect to WiFi there is no notifications.... Same with whatsapp also

Hello, I have recently started having the same issues with my F6 not being able to load any background data as well. I believe your solution can lye within the apps that are being used. I Use a stock ROM too for my phone as there are no others out yet for it, and so, I also use ROM toolbox. This morning i could not for the life of me remember what i was doing to make the phone function this way, but remembered that i was dabbling with the DNS and server operations on ROM toolbox the night prier. I was a bit frustrated that there was no easy answer posted anywhere online (google) and had to figure it out myself.. (not so bad) . and since i have been constantly figuring out my ROMS abilities on STOCK I have acquired much knowledge for the F6 root and recover operations. IF you are having problems with any data being transmitted between apps and have been disabling ads through ROM toolbox be sure to make the right changes. For when you wake up to having no data app connection and your clearly connected to the internet it can become jarring.

hope this helps

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread