Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 48,681 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Apps keep crashing on rooted Nexus 5

Tip us?

lilfil3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by metterschling View Post
Interesting... According to a Google search, Finsky is the Play Store for Honeycomb (Android 3.x). As I suppose, you installed CM11 (Android 4.4.x), you may need to start over with the appropriate Google apps (gapps) - see the official CM11 Nexus 5 developer thread - link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2584004

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I just checked and the gapps I have now is "pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20131215-signed" Do you think I should just install it again? And Google chrome is starting to not work. It takes a while for the keyboard to come up and when I search something it just crashes. This isn't all the time though only sometimes.

metterschling
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfil3 View Post
I just checked and the gapps I have now is "pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20131215-signed" Do you think I should just install it again? And Google chrome is starting to not work. It takes a while for the keyboard to come up and when I search something it just crashes. This isn't all the time though only sometimes.
PA gapps should be fine but you may want to Browser the CM11 thread I posted before for potential issues with them. The chrome and keyboard issues you mention match your previous post (eg. error reported by the chromium component).
I'd reboot to recovery, do a nandroid backup (just to be safe), then clear the cache and dalvik cache, then erase the system partition, then flash CM and the gapps again.
Erasing the System partition should get you rid of unwanted stuff and the steps above should not touch your data.

lilfil3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by metterschling View Post
PA gapps should be fine but you may want to Browser the CM11 thread I posted before for potential issues with them. The chrome and keyboard issues you mention match your previous post (eg. error reported by the chromium component).
I'd reboot to recovery, do a nandroid backup (just to be safe), then clear the cache and dalvik cache, then erase the system partition, then flash CM and the gapps again.
Erasing the System partition should get you rid of unwanted stuff and the steps above should not touch your data.

I did this 3 days ago and it seems better. Thanks!! Chrome works now but apps still crash. It seems to happen less now but it still happens.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app