Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,239 Members 48,536 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ART with the perks of Gravitybox

Tip us?
Hammer_Of_The_Gods Old
(Last edited by Hammer_Of_The_Gods; 21st January 2014 at 12:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter
@ Jsparta26, GTA San Andreas is working with these patches and Dalvik runtime, see feedback in the thread I linked...

Sorry but maybe there is something else (another mod or...) in your side...

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9721
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking37 View Post
@ Jsparta26, GTA San Andreas is working with these patches and Dalvik runtime
Same here. Or at least it doesn't force close any more than normal. I find GTA force closes without the Dalvik and Bionic patches too.
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

Jsparta26
Old
(Last edited by Jsparta26; 21st January 2014 at 01:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking37 View Post
@ Jsparta26, GTA San Andreas is working with these patches and Dalvik runtime, see feedback in the thread I linked...

Sorry but maybe there is something else (another mod or...) in your side...

Ok. Its weird. I don't have any mods flashed. Just the ROM. The pa gapps, Franco kernel and these files. I'll see what I did. Thanks guys.
[/SIGPIC] How many noobs does it take to get the answers they want? I say 4. One to Attempt to use a PC. Second one to download the wrong files. Third one to brick their device. The 4th to come on here crying about his device being bricked.

PJcastaldo
Old
Thanks Meter 389
To answer the OP question. You can flash a rom that has built in customizations that will work on ART. However Gravity Box and other mods that use the framework will not work on Art.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsparta26 View Post
Ok. Its weird. I don't have any mods flashed. Just the ROM. The pa gapps, Franco kernel and these files. I'll see what I did. Thanks guys.
So.. all of the imminent death to my phone by using these dalvik and Bionic libraries was just because you couldn't play a game so that's what you assumed?

My Phone:
Google Nexus 4
Usually A.O.K.P.
Team Win Recovery

Wifes Phone:
Note 2
Dead stock.

nexus_roadhouse
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJcastaldo View Post
To answer the OP question. You can flash a rom that has built in customizations that will work on ART. However Gravity Box and other mods that use the framework will not work on Art.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

So.. all of the imminent death to my phone by using these dalvik and Bionic libraries was just because you couldn't play a game so that's what you assumed?

Cheers, I think this may be the best solution. I've been told Cataclysm has all the same features as gravity box and works with ART so I'm going to try that out, I'll let you know how it is.

b.spec
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus_roadhouse View Post
Cheers, I think this may be the best solution. I've been told Cataclysm has all the same features as gravity box and works with ART so I'm going to try that out, I'll let you know how it is.
Gravity Box and Cataclysm don't have the SAME features, although there are many that do overlap. Their respective threads have a good rundown of the features they provide, so I'd take a look and compare. Using Cataclysm is a good compromise if you want to take advantage of ART. But I've said this before, the advantages that ART brings outweighs the additional features of Gravity Box in my opinion.

nexus_roadhouse
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.spec View Post
Gravity Box and Cataclysm don't have the SAME features, although there are many that do overlap. Their respective threads have a good rundown of the features they provide, so I'd take a look and compare. Using Cataclysm is a good compromise if you want to take advantage of ART. But I've said this before, the advantages that ART brings outweighs the additional features of Gravity Box in my opinion.
I've removed xposed framework and installed cataclysm now, i'm loving how snappy the interface is with ART i don't know how i ever lived without it! Although i am a bit annoyed that i've lost some of my apps, tried to use helium backuper but it didn't let me restore my apps... Guess i'll just have to re-download monopoly, and start from scratch on candy crush! I would say there's only two things i miss from gravity box that cataclysm doesn't provide, that is the download speed on the status bar (although you can see it in the toggles) and having my volume down enable flash light on lockscreen.

PJcastaldo
Old
Thanks Meter 389
To be honest.. ART isn't really that fast compared to the dalvik runtime. Granted its 100% perception and opinion.

To me the extremely small performance jump you gain isn't worth the loss of some apps or features. I see it as when it ready to be used it will be default and the ONLY reason its even there now is for developers to get their apps ready.

My Phone:
Google Nexus 4
Usually A.O.K.P.
Team Win Recovery

Wifes Phone:
Note 2
Dead stock.