5,606,779 Members 38,287 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AT&T on Nexus 5 (D280 AM Version)

Tip us?

ZacBurkhardt
Old
(Last edited by ZacBurkhardt; 31st December 2013 at 12:12 PM.) Reason: spelled "Nexys" instead of "Nexus" in Title
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Arrow [Q] AT&T on Nexus 5 (D280 AM Version)

Hello, I am new to XDA! i am not "Technologically Advanced" but i do know my way with Android. I currently have a Google Nexus 5, but before i ask you my question let me give you a back story, that will give you all of the info you need to answer my question I have had my line at AT&T since august 17th, i bought an Galaxy S4 (RED) and after updating it, it lost bootloader unlock (you had to use safestrap, not a huge fan as i like stock android) so i pre-ordered the AT&T Galaxy Note 3 (HUGE Mistake that was, should have bought T-mobile variant as they had LiquidSmooth 4.4.2 as of now) So i hated Samsungs "TouchWiz" i only got the note 3 for the battery and bige screen, now i just swapped my sim out of my s4 into the note 3 when i got it, so when i got my Nexus 5 (Black 32Gb) i just put the sim right out of my Note 3 into it, Data worked right out of box, BUT i cant get LTE to work, and when in town (as the only places with LTE in my street and the highschool about 15 minutes away) so we only have EDGE and HSPA+ (3G) but when i compare mu service to my moms note 3 or my sisters iPhone 5s, they all get HSPA+ all through town, while my phone goes in and out of "H+" and "E" (Mostly E) now im checking the band support, all of the bands on AT&T are on the Nexus 5, (Besides bands 29,30 which wont take in until the end of 2014) what can i do? i dialed 611 and they entered my IMEI in and tried updating, but they said the bands of service required in my area dont match my phone because its an unlocked phone (now i know that is just bs, and they just said that to try and get a phone directly from att) i tried entering in a new APN and everything, but this constant searching for a better connection is KILLING my battery (we are talking 4 hours on screen time and 11 hours total, before you ask, i am running a custom rom, it is cataclysm rom, but the problems were there before too, in advance thank you for all of your help

mistahseller
Old
(Last edited by mistahseller; 31st December 2013 at 12:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 173
Seeing how you know your way around android and know about unlocking/ rooting your phone, flash the latest radio found here: http://goo.im/devs/bigxie/hammerhead...T49E_RADIO.zip

ATT is full of freaking crap about your phone being unlocked and you should by one directly through them..... Sneaky sneaky to people who have no idea about smartphones.

edit: four hours of on screen time is a lot.

ZacBurkhardt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay, I flashed it, haven't seen a change, but I haven't left my house. I should be going to town today, and I will see if this fixes my issue. Thank you!

Sent from my Vanilla Nexus 5 via XDA Developers Application

marcusva79
Old
Thanks Meter 580
You might need a new SIM card. Had that issue got a new SIM card and it works fine now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do you have anything besides mexcian food?

Neurotica
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Had a similar issue with no LTE once I got my N5. Go on your my AT&T account online. You will see that it all shows your old phone. Try updating all that so or reflects the new changes. Wait for a few minutes after you made g the changes and restart your phone.

That should make it somewhat better. At least, that is what for me LTE.

Sent from my Nexus 5

ZacBurkhardt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotica View Post
Had a similar issue with no LTE once I got my N5. Go on your my AT&T account online. You will see that it all shows your old phone. Try updating all that so or reflects the new changes. Wait for a few minutes after you made g the changes and restart your phone.

That should make it somewhat better. At least, that is what for me LTE.

Sent from my Nexus 5
how do i update my info online? i cant figure this out..

ZacBurkhardt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ever since I flashed this, my data hasent seen a dramatic change, but my battery has

Sent from my Vanilla Nexus 5 via XDA Developers Application
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388524946251.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	2486366  

Neurotica
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacBurkhardt View Post
how do i update my info online? i cant figure this out..
Log into your account online, manage devices and select the right one for your number if you have multiple lines on the account.

Sent from my Nexus 5