XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Audio problems with the nexus 5

Tip us?

deanos7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Audio problems with the nexus 5

Hey! I have an audio problem with my device. When i just play some music with google play using my headphones (that came with galaxy 3 that i have) it sounds like i am hearing in low quality and i can't hear some parts that are playing. For example, sometimes i can't hear the singer singing or the guitar plays. Kinda like my device is playing stereo and my headphones gets only one side.

It's worth mentioning that i tried other headphones, which didn't help much. I have tried other audio apps also and got the same results.

I have searched for an answer to the situation for quite some time now and didn't find any.

Thank you (:
I

kboya
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Either there's a problem with the headphones (but you imply it is the same across different ones), or they are not plugging in properly. Is the jack in fully? Is there something lurking in the socket that might stop the jack from connecting?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

quanggiao
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kboya View Post
Either there's a problem with the headphones (but you imply it is the same across different ones), or they are not plugging in properly. Is the jack in fully? Is there something lurking in the socket that might stop the jack from connecting?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
the problem is that this issue happens with other headphones too.

maybe you should try to loose the headphone jack a little bit, hope this works

deanos7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well i tried playing a little with the jack but no luck...
what do you mean by "loose the headphone jack a little bit" ?
I don't want to cause any physical damage ...

cvillalta
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Either the jack was incorrectly installed or the jack is defective. I would RMA the unit if I were you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Neurotica
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Today I had an issue where my volume was all the way up and the phone plugged into the receiver wouldn't work. The s3 I have here would play just fine though.

N5 stock Rom rooted, xposed, franco, sounds mod, dalvik optimization mod and using stock music player.

Sent from my Nexus 5