FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Audio recording problem with different apps

203 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By Lior84, Senior Member on 16th February 2014, 11:37 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,
Trying to record an audio on my nexus (lecture for example) and having some issues with it.
I start record and then leave it with screen off for an about half hour or more (plenty of space for the file). when I start to listen to the audio that I recorded, the sound is not clear with gaps.
Checked the recorded audio on my PC also and still same result - awful sound with gaps.
It is not app related because I tried already 5 or more of them (apps that work great on my old HTC desire).
I'm using stock rom (4.4.2) with Franco kernel - without modifications to it.
Any suggestions ?
 
 
16th February 2014, 11:51 AM |#2  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,839
 
More
Its the microphone or rather, the noise cancellation algorithm. We're hoping the next update fixes it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
16th February 2014, 11:59 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
So there is nothing to do for now? In my opinion it is something to do with noice cancellation algorithm.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium
16th February 2014, 01:15 PM |#4  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,839
 
More
Best you can do for now is ensure the build.prop has the below entries

Persist.audio.fluence.voicecall=false
persist.audio.fluence.voicerec=false
persist.audio.fluence.speaker=false

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
16th February 2014, 03:31 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Only voicecall state is true.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium
16th February 2014, 04:17 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Install third company apps may be my choice now.
16th February 2014, 06:51 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Can you please write specific app that works?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk
16th February 2014, 06:52 PM |#8  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,839
 
More
If its noise cancellation, no apps work

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
19th February 2014, 07:59 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

If its noise cancellation, no apps work

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Most people believe its software, but I believe its hardware. Maybe the Nexus 5 has a very poor microphone.

If it was software it wouldn't make sense that Google takes 8 months to release a fix so...
19th February 2014, 08:06 PM |#10  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,839
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic

If it was software it wouldn't make sense that Google takes 8 months to release a fix so...

1) phone hasn't even been out 4 months
2) they obviously didn't know the issue existed at release
3) what's your experience of writing noise cancellation algorithms that you know how long it takes?
4) if its "hardware", why has it taken "Google" as long as "8 months" to replace the microphone?
5) how come disabling the noise cancellation in build prop for phone calls removes the issue in phone calls if its hardware?

Believe what you want, but you have no more insight than anyone else and no evidence to suggest anything


Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Last edited by danarama; 19th February 2014 at 08:08 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to danarama For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2014, 12:52 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

1) phone hasn't even been out 4 months
2) they obviously didn't know the issue existed at release
3) what's your experience of writing noise cancellation algorithms that you know how long it takes?
4) if its "hardware", why has it taken "Google" as long as "8 months" to replace the microphone?
5) how come disabling the noise cancellation in build prop for phone calls removes the issue in phone calls if its hardware?

Believe what you want, but you have no more insight than anyone else and no evidence to suggest anything


Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You are trying too hard...

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes