Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 43,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Backlight, microphone, call and scratchy after 15 days

Tip us?

anthraxx90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Backlight, microphone, call and scratchy after 15 days

Hi all
I purchased the Nexus 5 January 20, arrived January 24, using the first few hours I noticed that the device had a problem with backlight bleeding at the top next to the volume buttons, invisible except in a black screen, I noticed that in calls others struggle to hear me, sometimes I do not feel right at the beginning of the call and other times I will "move away" the voice as I speak and hear half of what I say, I have noticed that there is less in the audio recording, microphone seems to have some problems, and I still have not figured out if hardware or software issues, so having these problems and after waiting almost 2 weeks a fix, I decided to send it back, while I was cleaning the screen, I noticed a scratch in the middle of the screen, not invisible except in screen off with a light above.I would like to know if google will still accept my device even if scratched? 15 days spoken of by requiring refund or replacement when they are starting from the arrival of the device or from the time of purchase? how should I proceed? replacement or refund?
Thank you all in advance for the help, see you soon

markdapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthraxx90 View Post
Hi all
I purchased the Nexus 5 January 20, arrived January 24, using the first few hours I noticed that the device had a problem with backlight bleeding at the top next to the volume buttons, invisible except in a black screen, I noticed that in calls others struggle to hear me, sometimes I do not feel right at the beginning of the call and other times I will "move away" the voice as I speak and hear half of what I say, I have noticed that there is less in the audio recording, microphone seems to have some problems, and I still have not figured out if hardware or software issues, so having these problems and after waiting almost 2 weeks a fix, I decided to send it back, while I was cleaning the screen, I noticed a scratch in the middle of the screen, not invisible except in screen off with a light above.I would like to know if google will still accept my device even if scratched? 15 days spoken of by requiring refund or replacement when they are starting from the arrival of the device or from the time of purchase? how should I proceed? replacement or refund?
Thank you all in advance for the help, see you soon
Microphone is software issue ( Google Acknowledges and will fix in next update )
not sure about scratch
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One
The Following User Says Thank You to markdapimp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]