5,594,564 Members 32,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Baseband switcher for the Nexus 5?

Tip us?

ak.pp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Baseband switcher for the Nexus 5?

Maybe a silly question, but....

Does a baseband switcher tool exist for the Nexus 5, like there is for the Defy (for example)?

I bought my N5 from the US, but using it in South East Asia and have noticed week signal issues.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7395
Not explicitly but there are only a few basebands anyway and they're all flashable via a custom recovery

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ak.pp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Got it- thanks for the quick reply. Would have been nice to have a tool like that for frequent travelers!

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7395
A tool that automatically boots into recovery and flashes a specific zip? Its just as quick to do that manually

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

phositadc
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Got an n5 on the way. Is there a specific radio that is generally considered best? I seem to see some posts that the 4.4.1 update made people's reception worse?

Sent from my Nexus 7

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7395
Quote:
Originally Posted by phositadc View Post
Got an n5 on the way. Is there a specific radio that is generally considered best?
No. As with all android phones, everyone has different experiences with different radios

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ak.pp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
A tool that automatically boots into recovery and flashes a specific zip? Its just as quick to do that manually
I don't mind manually flashing-- the nice thing about the tool for the defy (which was my previous phone) was that all the basebands are already built into the tool, so it was just a matter of going to settings and selecting the baseband.

In any case, thanks for the info