FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] Baseband switcher for the Nexus 5?

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By ak.pp, Member on 11th January 2014, 07:47 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Maybe a silly question, but....

Does a baseband switcher tool exist for the Nexus 5, like there is for the Defy (for example)?

I bought my N5 from the US, but using it in South East Asia and have noticed week signal issues.

11th January 2014, 07:50 PM |#2  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 19,156

More
Not explicitly but there are only a few basebands anyway and they're all flashable via a custom recovery

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
The Following User Says Thank You to danarama For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 07:57 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Got it- thanks for the quick reply. Would have been nice to have a tool like that for frequent travelers!
11th January 2014, 09:50 PM |#4  

More
A tool that automatically boots into recovery and flashes a specific zip? Its just as quick to do that manually

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
12th January 2014, 01:18 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 344

More
Got an n5 on the way. Is there a specific radio that is generally considered best? I seem to see some posts that the 4.4.1 update made people's reception worse?

Sent from my Nexus 7
12th January 2014, 01:19 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phositadc

Got an n5 on the way. Is there a specific radio that is generally considered best?

No. As with all android phones, everyone has different experiences with different radios

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

The Following User Says Thank You to danarama For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2014, 10:27 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

A tool that automatically boots into recovery and flashes a specific zip? Its just as quick to do that manually

I don't mind manually flashing-- the nice thing about the tool for the defy (which was my previous phone) was that all the basebands are already built into the tool, so it was just a matter of going to settings and selecting the baseband.

In any case, thanks for the info
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)