Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 41,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Batter Drained last night, now phone will not connect to google

Tip us?

slick_rick92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Batter Drained last night, now phone will not connect to google

so yesterday i was playing w/my nexus 5, when the battery completely shut down w/out warning. mind you the phone was on a charger. Then when i restarted it. I found out the time and date are completely off. Then i decide to ope the chrome browser only to get 'cannot connect to the real accounts.google.com'....it says something is currently interfering with your secure connection....this problem is affecting every google based app......had anyone had an issue like this before?

Zainiak
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_rick92 View Post
so yesterday i was playing w/my nexus 5, when the battery completely shut down w/out warning. mind you the phone was on a charger. Then when i restarted it. I found out the time and date are completely off. Then i decide to ope the chrome browser only to get 'cannot connect to the real accounts.google.com'....it says something is currently interfering with your secure connection....this problem is affecting every google based app......had anyone had an issue like this before?
Did you fix the time and date? Set it to network provided. That is probably what isn't letting you connect to google's servers
//Phone - Nexus 5
//Laptop - Retina Macbook Pro (late 2012)
///Chromecast
Thinking of using Copy for your cloud storage? use THIS LINK and get both of us 5 extra gigs!

slick_rick92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zainiak View Post
Did you fix the time and date? Set it to network provided. That is probably what isn't letting you connect to google's servers
Fixed time and date from setting menu, problem solved, thanks guys