No registration required

Broke temporary replacement phone!

OP filthygoat223996

8th April 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 103

437 posts
More
So my friend sent in her s4 for repairs and Samsung sent her a galaxy nexus. She dropped it this morning and the screen cracked. Since its a temporary phone, what is the procedure for this? Does anyone have any experience

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
8th April 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cullompton
Thanks Meter: 101

276 posts
More
You might get some answers in a Samsung forum. Hopefully their insurance will cover it.

Sent from my Nexus 5
8th April 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,539

5,184 posts
More
For starters, that girl needs to keep a case on all her phones if she's just breaking them left and right. lol. But the insurance thing is something I doubt anyone here will be able to answer. She needs to talk with Samsung
The Following User Says Thank You to jsgraphicart For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,920

11,222 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthygoat223996

So my friend sent in her s4 for repairs and Samsung sent her a galaxy nexus. She dropped it this morning and the screen cracked. Since its a temporary phone, what is the procedure for this? Does anyone have any experience

I think their expectation is going to be that they get the temporary phone back in the same condition as it was when they sent it. So your friend is going to be liable for some damages.

Sent from my Nexus 5
8th April 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #5  
Flag Hedensted
Thanks Meter: 143

683 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

I think their expectation is going to be that they get the temporary phone back in the same condition as it was when they sent it. So your friend is going to be liable for some damages.

Sent from my Nexus 5

You can't really say that without knowing the conditions she probably signed when getting the phone. Samsung might as well have insurance covering such cases.
8th April 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,920

11,222 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortenmhp

You can't really say that without knowing the conditions she probably signed when getting the phone. Samsung might as well have insurance covering such cases.

I can always say "l think..." I hope your right for the op's sake

Sent from my Nexus 5
8th April 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 50

294 posts
I worked in wireless for 3 years. I can tell you that she will have to pay for the damages. That's why most companies don't do loaners anymore. When she got the temporary, she agreed to return the phone is the same condition as received.

9th April 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 103

437 posts
More
Would Samsung care if she replaces the screen? I'm guessing that's cheaper than whatever Samsung would charge

9th April 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 50

294 posts
The screen has a digitizer that would take not only technical know how to replace, but is very pricey. It's your call though. Might cost you more in the end if you try and fail at doing it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikeman513 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread