Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Exclamation Nexus 5 won't boot, no charging icon, nothing

OP THE_KINGDOM

12th September 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120

936 posts
More
So I was posting about this in the Purity thread already, but this has become a major unresolvable issue so far..

I just updated clean install/flash of Purity ROM to the newest version, with the included stock kernel.
I tried out xposed framework, and only 1 mod (Serajr Blurred System UI)
on dalvik of course.. working fine for over a day.

Suddenly today, phone turned off in the gym randomly and wouldn't boot, then after 30 minutes in the gym after repeatedly trying it eventually boot, then right when I got home, I decided to un-install the mod on xposed framework, and reboot and then boom, off again not turning on for several hours... phone is not detectable by adb or fastboot. when connected to a PC, absolutely nothing, completely dead..

when connected to pc... the only thing that happens when I do vol up + vol down + power is that it cycles through usb device connecting on the PC but (device cannot start).

I've tried charging it, leaving it, I've went through every trouble shooting option that I know of.

There's not even a way I can communicate with the phone from the PC.

any suggestions, any ideas??

I can't believe that a device would be bricked from xposed module??

I could do an RMA, as the device is relatively new,
but If I return this device I'm worried about warranty void due to unlocked bootloader and custom ROM etc??
Last edited by THE_KINGDOM; 12th September 2014 at 12:40 AM.
12th September 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 257

605 posts
I'm leaning towards this being a hardware issue. If you got the phone straight from Google, the unlocked bootloader and custom whatever shouldn't be an issue.
12th September 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #3  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 121

507 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_KINGDOM

So I was posting about this in the Purity thread already, but this has become a major unresolvable issue so far..

I just updated clean install/flash of Purity ROM to the newest version, with the included stock kernel.
I tried out xposed framework, and only 1 mod (Serajr Blurred System UI)
on dalvik of course.. working fine for over a day.

Suddenly today, phone turned off in the gym randomly and wouldn't boot, then after 30 minutes in the gym after repeatedly trying it eventually boot, then right when I got home, I decided to un-install the mod on xposed framework, and reboot and then boom, off again not turning on for several hours... phone is not detectable by adb or fastboot. when connected to a PC, absolutely nothing, completely dead..

when connected to pc... the only thing that happens when I do vol up + vol down + power is that it cycles through usb device connecting on the PC but (device cannot start).

I've tried charging it, leaving it, I've went through every trouble shooting option that I know of.

There's not even a way I can communicate with the phone from the PC.

any suggestions, any ideas??

I can't believe that a device would be bricked from xposed module??

I could do an RMA, as the device is relatively new,
but If I return this device I'm worried about warranty void due to unlocked bootloader and custom ROM etc??

you could try nexus root toolkit, also you could try with power off hold vol-up insert USB it should install lg flash tool driver's.some time's it take's it time installing driver's so just give it a min or two regard's joe
Last edited by joecool666; 12th September 2014 at 01:10 AM.
12th September 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

936 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakamatsu

I'm leaning towards this being a hardware issue. If you got the phone straight from Google, the unlocked bootloader and custom whatever shouldn't be an issue.

ok as long as it shouldn't be a problem I'm prob going to do an RMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool666

you could try nexus root toolkit, also you could try with power off hold vol-up insert USB it should install lg flash tool driver's.some time's it take's it time installing driver's so just give it a min or two regard's joe

Ok I'm going to try holding vol-up and insert USB, but i assume for nexus root toolkit to work it phone would need to be visible as a "fastboot" device bare minimum, which I'm having problems even getting that right now.
12th September 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #5  
Flag Dublin

507 posts
Quote:

Ok I'm going to try holding vol-up and insert USB, but i assume for nexus root toolkit to work it phone would need to be visible as a "fastboot" device bare minimum, which I'm having problems even getting that right now.

hi, nexus toolkit has an op for soft-bricked/bootloop. it might detect your device.

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Quote:

how's it going any news?
12th September 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

936 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool666

hi, nexus toolkit has an op for soft-bricked/bootloop. it might detect your device.

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

how's it going any news?

vol-up and power while connecting usb didn't do anything so far. I'm going to try nexus toolkit just for the hell of it, but I think this device is literally bricked beyond repair.
12th September 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #7  
Flag Dublin

507 posts
Quote:

vol-up and power while connecting usb didn't do anything so far. I'm going to try nexus toolkit just for the hell of it, but I think this device is literally bricked beyond repair.

yeah sound's like it could be hard bricked, hope toolkit work's for you tho.
12th September 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

936 posts
More
just doesn't make any sense of why it would be hard-bricked.. randomly just turns off.. so weird
12th September 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #9  
Flag Dublin

507 posts
Quote:

just doesn't make any sense of why it would be hard-bricked.. randomly just turns off.. so weird

strange that, not getting detected by p.c, yeah look's like a trip to the service station.sorry i coulden't be of more help. hope you get it back to life.kind regard's joe
The Following User Says Thank You to joecool666 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2014, 07:04 AM   |  #10  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,194

23,210 posts
More
Quote:

All bricks are hard bricks. As much as people use the term "soft bricked", believe me - it isn't a thing. A brick is irreparable. If it was repairable, it isn't a brick.

If it is irreparable, its because its been affected beyond the software layer. Messing up the NAND partitions or NAND death are the most common. This can happen during a flash or even seemingly random - its not unusual for bricks to be random. Flash memory in my opinion, is still pretty unstable. Send it for repair /RMA.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread