Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 38,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery drain issue

Tip us?
 
flamechamp
Old
#1  
flamechamp's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 237
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tangerang
Default [Q] Battery drain issue

Dear developers,

I'm just wondering, is it just me or is everyone else facing the same problem. I felt that my Nexus 5 battery is draining so fast. In 1 day I can charge my phone twice. Sure, I played Asphalt for a bit. But I think the battery drain is still too quick.
I'm using Cataclysm ROM and Franco Kernel.

Should I use kernel controller such as FKU full version?

Any other tips maybe?
Previously:
Nexus One (stolen)
Sensation (stolen)
HTC One (STOLEN AGAIN T_T)

and now...

Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Cataclysm
Kernel: Franco Kernel
 
BirchBarlow
Old
#2  
BirchBarlow's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 333
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Philadelphia
Have you tried setting the Wifi such that it is off when your phone is asleep. How about the setting to always allow scanning for Wifi networks? Did you turn off Google location history? One thing I've found is that the Wifi radio eats through the battery like crazy, even at idle, and changing these settings seems to make the biggest difference of anything.
 
joemon871
Old
#3  
joemon871's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamechamp View Post
Dear developers,

I'm just wondering, is it just me or is everyone else facing the same problem. I felt that my Nexus 5 battery is draining so fast. In 1 day I can charge my phone twice. Sure, I played Asphalt for a bit. But I think the battery drain is still too quick.
I'm using Cataclysm ROM and Franco Kernel.

Should I use kernel controller such as FKU full version?

Any other tips maybe?
I'm assuming you're on the latest 4.4.2? It's a common issue with the nexus devices so you're not alone there. But what you can do to minimize it is that to set your cpu governor to something modest like 'conservative' and put your i/o scheduler to "row" those settings have worked for me on my s4 to reduce battery drainage. If you have the ktoonservativeq option for Cpu governor then that's a good choice as well.
 
flamechamp
Old
#4  
flamechamp's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 237
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tangerang
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemon871 View Post
I'm assuming you're on the latest 4.4.2? It's a common issue with the nexus devices so you're not alone there. But what you can do to minimize it is that to set your cpu governor to something modest like 'conservative' and put your i/o scheduler to "row" those settings have worked for me on my s4 to reduce battery drainage. If you have the ktoonservativeq option for Cpu governor then that's a good choice as well.
Which apps should I use to change those settings? FKU full version?
Previously:
Nexus One (stolen)
Sensation (stolen)
HTC One (STOLEN AGAIN T_T)

and now...

Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Cataclysm
Kernel: Franco Kernel
 
ickoicko
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 420
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pasig
Post here your problem and they might help you fix it
Snapdragon 805 2.5 GHz
Adreno 420 GPU
5.2 - 5.4 inches with 2k screen resolution
Battery at 3000 - 5000 mAH
16 Megapixel Pelican Imaging OIS Camera
Android 5.0 (I guess)

- Dream specs for my next Nexus
 
joemon871
Old
#6  
joemon871's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jan 2014
There's plenty of free apps out there that'll do the job. But for example, in cyanogenmod roma if you have developer settings enabled, there will be an option all the way down at the bottom that says Performance. You can change some settings over there as well

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
 
flamechamp
Old
#7  
flamechamp's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 237
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tangerang
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemon871 View Post
There's plenty of free apps out there that'll do the job. But for example, in cyanogenmod roma if you have developer settings enabled, there will be an option all the way down at the bottom that says Performance. You can change some settings over there as well

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
some example would definitely be a great help
which one you suggest too.

I'm not using CM yet
Previously:
Nexus One (stolen)
Sensation (stolen)
HTC One (STOLEN AGAIN T_T)

and now...

Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Cataclysm
Kernel: Franco Kernel
 
Juansegovia20
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 148
Posts: 586
Join Date: Oct 2013
Playing a game like asphalt will drain your battery in no time, that's to be expected, if you play san Andreas is still worse
Try using greenify to greenify your apps through it's widget, I'm on beanstalk with Franco kernel and i get around 24 hours playing games like clash of clans and battle of zombies, but if play San Andreas i get only like 45 minutes, probably an hour

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
joemon871
Old
#9  
joemon871's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamechamp View Post
some example would definitely be a great help
which one you suggest too.

I'm not using CM yet
I can finally post links! Lol but here it is, hope that helped

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/15733-wha...-than-francos/

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Tags
battery drain
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more

Rid Yourself of Charging Annoyances with No Wake on Charge Xposed Module

Almost every OEM has skinned and otherwise modifiedAndroid to suit … more