FORUMS

How to Listen to Beats 1 on Android Right Now

If you felt a bit left out by Apple launching their own online radio station Beats 1 … more

NVidia SHIELD TV – XDA TV Device Review

The SHIELD TV is a not an Android smartphone device. However, that doesn’t mean it … more

PSA: Having cellular connectivity or texting issues tonight?

You’re not alone…Tonight, many users are experiencing a myriad … more

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

[Q] Battery Drain

49 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By r7r8, Member on 10th February 2014, 05:39 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have he Nexus 5 since the past 5 months now! I never faced any battery problem. Now since 3-4 days, i have terrible battery drain. I charge my phone to 100% and sleep and in 8-10hrs sleep, the battery is down to 50% . Android OS and Android system are using 30-35% each. I'm on stock and not rooted. What should I do?
 
 
10th February 2014, 05:50 PM |#2  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,840
 
Donate to Me
More
Find out where you wake locks are. Get something like betterbatterystats.
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 06:24 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Find out where you wake locks are. Get something like betterbatterystats.

I did! It shows PowerManagerService as the main culprit. wlan_rx_wake and wlan_wd_wake aer also equally responsible. But i dont know what that means. Any suggestions?
10th February 2014, 06:38 PM |#4  
_MetalHead_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,670
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r7r8

I did! It shows PowerManagerService as the main culprit. wlan_rx_wake and wlan_wd_wake aer also equally responsible. But i dont know what that means. Any suggestions?

It's likely your wifi. Did you recently switch to a different router? Some routers cause excessive wakelocks which in turn cause bad drain. If I leave my wifi on overnight I can sometimes lose 10-15%, if I leave wifi off I generally only lose 1-2% overnight.
10th February 2014, 06:52 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

It's likely your wifi. Did you recently switch to a different router? Some routers cause excessive wakelocks which in turn cause bad drain. If I leave my wifi on overnight I can sometimes lose 10-15%, if I leave wifi off I generally only lose 1-2% overnight.

Nope! i have been using the same router. Thinking of buying a new one though as this one is 2-3 yrs old!
Anything else I can do? Apart from changing my router?
10th February 2014, 07:00 PM |#6  
_MetalHead_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,670
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r7r8

Nope! i have been using the same router. Thinking of buying a new one though as this one is 2-3 yrs old!
Anything else I can do? Apart from changing my router?

Try disabling wifi before you hit the sack tonight just to see if that is indeed the cause.
10th February 2014, 07:04 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

Try disabling wifi before you hit the sack tonight just to see if that is indeed the cause.

Ok cool! ill give it a try
10th February 2014, 09:56 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 448
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r7r8

Nope! i have been using the same router. Thinking of buying a new one though as this one is 2-3 yrs old!
Anything else I can do? Apart from changing my router?

Do you know if your wireless network is using 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz? Selecting one or the other and not using Automatic seems to fix speed issues and might also help with wake locks.

Otherwise you can try setting Locations to Device Only instead of Battery Saver and also disable Wifi always scanning if it's on.
11th February 2014, 04:58 AM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
why don't use both?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
12th February 2014, 03:52 AM |#10  
MrObvious's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wichita KS
Thanks Meter: 310
 
More
Clear your cache. Sometimes weirdness can result from that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery drain, nexus 5 4.4.2
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes