FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] Too much battery drain from xposed..

577 posts
Thanks Meter: 78
 
By nabil alami, Senior Member on 18th June 2014, 11:16 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th June 2014, 01:18 PM |#21  
Elluel's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag えうれる
Thanks Meter: 3,210
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabil alami

What's the difference between the classical installation and the normal installation!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

One installs the files directly into your system, the other puts the files in a zip then automatically flashes it/manual flashing (depends on your settings). Does exactly the same thing with a different method.

Sent from my Nexus 5
 
 
18th June 2014, 01:19 PM |#22  
nabil alami's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

One installs the files directly into your system, the other puts the files in a zip then automatically flashes it/manual flashing (depends on your settings). Does exactly the same thing with a different method.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Is any better than the other?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
18th June 2014, 01:20 PM |#23  
Elluel's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag えうれる
Thanks Meter: 3,210
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabil alami

Is any better than the other?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

No, it installs the same files..

Sent from my Nexus 5
18th June 2014, 01:20 PM |#24  
nabil alami's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

One installs the files directly into your system, the other puts the files in a zip then automatically flashes it/manual flashing (depends on your settings). Does exactly the same thing with a different method.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I also read some say soft reboot affects battery and also older versions if GB. are better

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
19th June 2014, 01:59 PM |#25  
nabil alami's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Update: So after I uninstalled xposed here is what I did

-fully charged battery
-reinstalled xposed framework
-left it overnigh (~8hrs)
*Only Got around 5% battery drain (pretty good)
-installed knock code module (~1 hour)
* 1% battery drain (standby)
-installed app ops (~1 hour)
* 1% battery drain (standby
-installed gravity box (with setup)
* ~1% battery drain (standby)
Last edited by nabil alami; 19th June 2014 at 04:22 PM.
19th June 2014, 07:37 PM |#26  
Virus.Shell's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Did you take the update to 4.4.3? I've read a few things stating that there seems to be a few issues with battery drain after the update
20th June 2014, 04:20 AM |#27  
Elluel's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag えうれる
Thanks Meter: 3,210
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus.Shell

Did you take the update to 4.4.3? I've read a few things stating that there seems to be a few issues with battery drain after the update

No difference, it's almost exactly the same since 4.4.0, most likely just placebo when people THINK battery is better.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes