Battery draw only after WiFi use

OP DualSportDad

9th April 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #41  
OP Senior Member
Cape Coral, Fl.
Thanks Meter: 25

521 posts
Seems that my location is showing up in Google + correctly. Says I was somewhere like 30 min ago when I didn't have the app a open. I guess it's getting my location and reporting it.

I'll be at my friend's house again tonight. I'll see if the battery drain starts again tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
14th April 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #42  
OP Senior Member
Cape Coral, Fl.

521 posts
Well it's happing again. Battery is at 70% already. My location settings are set to GPS only. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
3rd June 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #43  
OP Senior Member
Cape Coral, Fl.

521 posts
I have found that this only happens after a video chat using the hangouts app. It might happen with other video chat apps but I don't use any. I might try buying a moto x and see if that phone has the same issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
4th June 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #44  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,263

3,161 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDad

I have found that this only happens after a video chat using the hangouts app. It might happen with other video chat apps but I don't use any. I might try buying a moto x and see if that phone has the same issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I had forgotten about this thread. I did end up tracking down the real cause of the wifi drain issues I was having, and I'll get to that in a minute.

Battery drain after video call, sounds like the camera daemon bug that 4.4.3 was *supposed* to fix. Have you posted a BBS log for investigation? I did not see one while quickly skimming over the thread. But if you are not on 4.4.3, I would suggest migrating over at your earliest convenience.

Now, to fix the wifi related battery drains is simple. Delete these two directories and reboot: /data/misc/dhcp, /data/misc/wifi
This will also reset all remembered networks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread