Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 37,977 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery fried...little life left :(

Tip us?

edved
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Thumbs down [Q] Battery fried...little life left :(

I have through time noticed my phone being quite hot to the touch while it's being charged. Be it while in it's (condom) case or lying inadvertently underdeath my pillow while I sleep. My battery life was never great, but was sufficient, but I'm afraid now that it's at about %50-60 of what it once was.

I haven't treated this phone any differentyl than I have the other phones I've previously owned, but the durability of this battery is suspect! I'd love to get a battery replacement for it, but I don't think that's an option at this point.

Anyone else notice this? I've read another post where someone else noticed similar results with their battery life while charging their phone and playing games.
edved

comscier
Old
Thanks Meter 53
First of all, all smartphones gets hot while playing games and charging at the same time.
And charging the phone do generate small amount of heat, so do not put it underneath your pillow while charging. (shouldn't be hot to touch though)

If you are not doing anything mention above and the battery is still getting dangerously hot while charging, contact Google customer service (if its from play store) or your carrier.

*Do not use third party charger if possible.

edved
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by comscier View Post
First of all, all smartphones gets hot while playing games and charging at the same time.
And charging the phone do generate small amount of heat, so do not put it underneath your pillow while charging. (shouldn't be hot to touch though)

If you are not doing anything mention above and the battery is still getting dangerously hot while charging, contact Google customer service (if its from play store) or your carrier.

*Do not use third party charger if possible.
Uh, gee. Thanks for the in-depth analysis!

G.
edved

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by edved View Post
Uh, gee. Thanks for the in-depth analysis!

G.
If anyone is going to help you now, i'd be amazed. Ever heard the phrase "don't bite the hand that feeds you"?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

markdapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Something all Android phone lacks is the ability to protect itself from overheating via charging or whatever like how apple did here.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2101

my dad fried his N5 with the Tylt charger good thing he had Jump
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by edved View Post
I have through time noticed my phone being quite hot to the touch while it's being charged. Be it while in it's (condom) case or lying inadvertently underdeath my pillow while I sleep. My battery life was never great, but was sufficient, but I'm afraid now that it's at about %50-60 of what it once was.

I haven't treated this phone any differentyl than I have the other phones I've previously owned, but the durability of this battery is suspect! I'd love to get a battery replacement for it, but I don't think that's an option at this point.

Anyone else notice this? I've read another post where someone else noticed similar results with their battery life while charging their phone and playing games.
Did you ever think about that this phone has a quad core processor that throttles at 70 degrees Celsius. That's 158F. Where's the heat going to go? Surely the heat will go somewhere but it will heat up the plastic somewhat.

FYI: shouldn't sleep with your phone under your pillow.

Sent from The Deathstar