DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Battery fried...little life left :(

OP edved

13th February 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

210 posts
I have through time noticed my phone being quite hot to the touch while it's being charged. Be it while in it's (condom) case or lying inadvertently underdeath my pillow while I sleep. My battery life was never great, but was sufficient, but I'm afraid now that it's at about %50-60 of what it once was.

I haven't treated this phone any differentyl than I have the other phones I've previously owned, but the durability of this battery is suspect! I'd love to get a battery replacement for it, but I don't think that's an option at this point.

Anyone else notice this? I've read another post where someone else noticed similar results with their battery life while charging their phone and playing games.
13th February 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 62

176 posts
More
First of all, all smartphones gets hot while playing games and charging at the same time.
And charging the phone do generate small amount of heat, so do not put it underneath your pillow while charging. (shouldn't be hot to touch though)

If you are not doing anything mention above and the battery is still getting dangerously hot while charging, contact Google customer service (if its from play store) or your carrier.

*Do not use third party charger if possible.
13th February 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

210 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by comscier

First of all, all smartphones gets hot while playing games and charging at the same time.
And charging the phone do generate small amount of heat, so do not put it underneath your pillow while charging. (shouldn't be hot to touch though)

If you are not doing anything mention above and the battery is still getting dangerously hot while charging, contact Google customer service (if its from play store) or your carrier.

*Do not use third party charger if possible.

Uh, gee. Thanks for the in-depth analysis!

G.
13th February 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #4  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,333

24,415 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edved

Uh, gee. Thanks for the in-depth analysis!

G.

If anyone is going to help you now, i'd be amazed. Ever heard the phrase "don't bite the hand that feeds you"?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
13th February 2014, 08:15 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 326

1,283 posts
More
Something all Android phone lacks is the ability to protect itself from overheating via charging or whatever like how apple did here.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2101

my dad fried his N5 with the Tylt charger good thing he had Jump
13th February 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #6  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 199

814 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edved

I have through time noticed my phone being quite hot to the touch while it's being charged. Be it while in it's (condom) case or lying inadvertently underdeath my pillow while I sleep. My battery life was never great, but was sufficient, but I'm afraid now that it's at about %50-60 of what it once was.

I haven't treated this phone any differentyl than I have the other phones I've previously owned, but the durability of this battery is suspect! I'd love to get a battery replacement for it, but I don't think that's an option at this point.

Anyone else notice this? I've read another post where someone else noticed similar results with their battery life while charging their phone and playing games.

Did you ever think about that this phone has a quad core processor that throttles at 70 degrees Celsius. That's 158F. Where's the heat going to go? Surely the heat will go somewhere but it will heat up the plastic somewhat.

FYI: shouldn't sleep with your phone under your pillow.

Sent from The Deathstar
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread