Better battery life with 4.4.3?

Search This thread

giwrgos

Feb 4, 2010
Nicosia
www.prime-hosts.com
Hello everyone, I have installed yesterday the 4.4.3 version on my phone and I found out that it has better battery life. I'm using greenify which I was also used back on the 4.4.2 but still i believe the battery is still better. Does anyone else found out that there is a slight improvement on the battery life?

Aug 21, 2013
I have noticed the same thing, was using franco kernel before and decided to try the 4.4.3 stock kernel for a while, battery life is definitely better than 4.4.2 stock kernel!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

PsychDrummer

Nov 29, 2012
I mentioned this in the 4.4.3 thread. It is quite possible that the update brought better battery life. However, people in this thread (and OP) should specify if they wiped their phone and flashed factory img. If that's the case the clean install might be the result of the battery, and not the update itself.

cas8180

Apr 1, 2007
Las Vegas
I mentioned this in the 4.4.3 thread. It is quite possible that the update brought better battery life. However, people in this thread (and OP) should specify if they wiped their phone and flashed factory img. If that's the case the clean install might be the result of the battery, and not the update itself.

I did a full wipe and I am on day two and noticing better battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
about the same as 4.4.2.... CM11 is still better choice if you are concern about battery life, probably due to the complete Google Play Services package.

i disagree. cm has nothing good for battery. battery life is determined by your personal use, your personal setup, your apps installed, and the quality of the data/phone signal. kernels and roms do very little for battery.

Reactions: brichardson1991

thegtfusion

Jan 24, 2011
Utrecht
MUCH better battery life here.. (4g) , before with 4.4.2 i had around 1-2 bars 4g reception (which is bad). the signal killed the battery i think, but now with the new modem i have 3-4 bars 4g reception. the battery life has been improved from 8-9 hours with my usage to 12+hours (same usage). i am really happy now :D (stock rom + stock kernel)

vegas217

Jan 25, 2013
Decatur
I have definately had better battery life so far. I flashed the factory image and then uber kernel. It seems to be about 30% better. The drain on the battery WHILE USING the phone isn't as bad as it used to be.

Stories

Jul 21, 2010
Los Angeles
There seem to be fewer NLP wake locks than before for me. So I'm getting better battery life. Although I don't think Play Service was updated...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

D

Darth

Hmmmm....so I can get more than 28 hours and 6 hour screen time, lean and mean? Interesting. ?

comscier

i disagree. cm has nothing good for battery. battery life is determined by your personal use, your personal setup, your apps installed, and the quality of the data/phone signal. kernels and roms do very little for battery.

As I have said in my previous post, "due to the complete Google Play Services package."

I used the same settings regardless of roms, be it Stock or CM/others. I am comparing "Stock as in no root, no alterations.", it does perform poorly in terms of battery life (even when you disable most of the Google apps), when compared to CM or other AOSP roms with Gapps.

I am comparing it under same settings and usage.
And that's what I get.

"cm has nothing good for battery" .... please, you may dislike cyanogenmod all you like for whatever reason, but in the end, it all comes down to what to you are comparing it to. and ease of use.

Cyanogenmod is the best option for someone who is not a tech geek and yet wants the customization features and with a stable updater to stay up to date.

Last edited:

ElliotZ

Jun 10, 2014
Hi guys. I'm really considering buying a new phone. I already have a Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) and I have fallen in love with Nexus 5, but I heard everyone saying that its battery life is bad. I see that many of you are owners of Nexus 5. Can you help me with my decision? I use my phone for browsing (3G mostly), music, calls and messages. Will Nexus's battery last more than a full day?

dec1153

Mar 15, 2014
Southport
Hi guys. I'm really considering buying a new phone. I already have a Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) and I have fallen in love with Nexus 5, but I heard everyone saying that its battery life is bad. I see that many of you are owners of Nexus 5. Can you help me with my decision? I use my phone for browsing (3G mostly), music, calls and messages. Will Nexus's battery last more than a full day?

Price cut in the UK today if u live here......now £250 sim free

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    one full day use cant tell you how battery life is. battery life can change every cycle, its all about your use for that day and the quality of signal. after 4 days to a week you will have an idea about battery life.
    about the same as 4.4.2.... CM11 is still better choice if you are concern about battery life, probably due to the complete Google Play Services package.