Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 49,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot battery issues here!

Tip us?

iamnesis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Nexus 5 with Purity Rom and Franco Kernel.
This is the original battery.

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnesis View Post
Nexus 5 with Purity Rom and Franco Kernel.
This is the original battery.
Could be a damaged battery or something. Not normal, might need to RMA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list. Feel free to add me to yours.

iamnesis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Damn... I really need my phone almost all the time. Wouldn't it be easier if I just ordered another battery?..

Couldn't this be a software problem tho?

Sandman-007
Old
Thanks Meter 792
You could but you would be voiding your warrenty to take the phone apart

rushy75
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnesis View Post
Hi!
I'm having a lot of trouble with my battery.
My battery life is like 2 hours screen on. That's lame. But here is the thing : when it comes to approximately 15% it just shut down. Then, when I restart the phone, it says it has reached 0... And it shut down again.
So I put my phone in charge during like 10 minutes. I boot it and it's 77% charged.
I'm really scared. Do I have to change the battery or what?
Thanks!
This is exactly what's happening to mine. It turns back on but only till it gets to my homescreen. A screenshot of my battery shows loads of battery they a cliff edge, even from 70% instantly to 0%,

I really just want to install a new battery but the UK sellers all look a little iffy, as in not gen or dont quote a "new"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-20-13-58-04.png
Views:	50
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	2908258  

Sandman-007
Old
Thanks Meter 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushy75 View Post
This is exactly what's happening to mine. It turns back on but only till it gets to my homescreen. A screenshot of my battery shows loads of battery they a cliff edge, even from 70% instantly to 0%,

I really just want to install a new battery but the UK sellers all look a little iffy, as in not gen or dont quote a "new"
That doesn't tell us anything. You need to read the OP and post the correct battery info. Thank you

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman-007 View Post
@KJ @Lethargy why do people request help with battery issues in the BBS thread instead of here. The information is HERE! -_____-
Cause many don't read stickies? Or have them off in Tapatalk/xda apps.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

rothbard
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi guys. I'm just looking for some low hanging fruit here to try to improve things. I'm on the latest stable slim rom (7.0 I think) with location and google now off. I like to listen to podcasts while I commute and I only play one game, but I realized I need to play only at home on wifi. I've followed much of the advice from the first few posts, but any additional tips will be much appreciated.

bblzd
Old
(Last edited by bblzd; Today at 01:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbard View Post
Hi guys. I'm just looking for some low hanging fruit here to try to improve things. I'm on the latest stable slim rom (7.0 I think) with location and google now off. I like to listen to podcasts while I commute and I only play one game, but I realized I need to play only at home on wifi. I've followed much of the advice from the first few posts, but any additional tips will be much appreciated.
Your battery life seems normal for your usage. Why do you think you would need to game on a WiFi connection? Unless it's a online multiplayer game that will make little difference.

Even if you game in Airplane mode you won't notice it lasting much longer as gaming will just generally use a lot of battery. Radios use battery over long periods of time, so in the 3-4hours of maximum gaming time you could get in on one charge the radios will have minimal impact.
W32
The Following User Says Thank You to bblzd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rothbard
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd View Post
Why do you think you would need to game on a WiFi connection?
Probably because my post count now equals 2.

Thanks for the quick reply!

The Following User Says Thank You to rothbard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]