FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot battery issues here! (Noob friendly)

Yesterday, 12:31 PM |#2381  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd

In that case you are probably suffering from the issue related to custom ROMs and one of the Play Services updates. Please see the following thread for more information:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...ttery-t3059585

Toggling Airplane mode on and off should resume normal radio operations, at least temporarily.

Please read the first 4 posts on Page 1.

Thanks mate. I'll give it a try.

Yesterday, 06:28 PM |#2382  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluni_a

it is not normal

Attachment 3277506

12:04 - 51 minute of display Attachment 3277507
13:05 - 50 minute of display Attachment 3277508

This just happened to me this morning too. I don't understand the gap in the battery use graph or the gap in the cellular signal. I didn't touch anything to do with the network mode during that time. Since I unplugged the phone from the charger this morning, or since that gap in the graph, the battery has been draining like crazy. I don't have any unusual apps running - there were no significant changes since yesterday when it was fine. As you can see, the screen time is very low. I have rebooted twice since I noticed the heat production and the drain rate, but it doesn't seem to change. I'm on stock 5.1 and rooted. I'm not able to install Gsam right now, but some relevant screenshots are attached.

Another note: during the second reboot, it started looping on the coloured ball animation. I let it go for about 10 or 15 minutes then forced another reboot by holding the power button. After that, the screen showed "Optimizing apps..." and then "Android is starting..."

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-24-08-42-42[1].png
Views:	124
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	3279787 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-24-12-37-22[1].png
Views:	120
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	3279788 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-24-12-37-49[1].png
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	3279789 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-24-12-44-25[1].png
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	3279790

It seems that Gmail was causing some problems, but I don't know why. Following my initial post, I eventually noticed that Gmail was using an increasing proportion of the battery since last charge. I uninstalled the app's updates and the battery usage leveled out. I still don't know what caused the boot issue and I don't really know what changed since the previous day - everything was fine then and Gmail hadn't updated that recently. If the problem returns I think I'll go back to 5.0.1.

Thanks for the thread.
Last edited by treefrog321; Today at 02:40 AM. Reason: Found a solution...I think.
Today, 03:28 AM |#2383  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
I'm getting many bluedroid_timer wakelocks when my car Radio (Pioneer x2500bt) is in the list of my available bluetooth devices.
When I remove the radio, it's almost down to zero, can't disable bluetooth completely due to my smartwatch.
Already tried to unchecked media transfer and Contact synchronisation in bluetooth settings, any further suggestion?
Today, 04:12 AM |#2384  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Big scary planet destroying space station.
Thanks Meter: 6,812

More
OK. I apologize for not helping as much as in the past here.... Life and xda have me pretty busy. But one thing I am seeing here a lot... Screen shots that really don't help, or no screen shots.

Post 4 shows the shots that matter most. Primarily, gsam main screen, app screen, times waking device and held awake time. The stock battery graph is helpful too. (the one after you press the graph from the main screen)

Honestly, without those.... You just get guesses at your issue. Not that all issues will show in those screen shots, but many will.

I personally just don't tend to answer without those shots. Guessing at peoples issues isn't worth it to me.

Thanks guys! Especially those helping in the thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread