FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot battery issues here! (Noob friendly)

16,615 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,085

By Darth, Forum Moderator on 16th June 2014, 10:19 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
24th July 2015, 08:54 PM |#2561  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,428

More
I noticed just recently (maybe 2 weeks ago) my battery will drain extremely fast when using it (standby it still seems to get good life)
I will be on it, say between 50-70% and it shuts off. Turn it back on and its like 3-15%, and then it seems to 'charge' itself from there.
The case on the side with the volume rocker is bulging slightly, not sure if its from dropping it a few times or if the battery is bad and expanded.
any other possibilities? If I need a new battery where can I get an OEM one or better that will fit without any modifications. If not I can get a new phone because my contract has been up for 2 years.
Not a fan of the nexus 6 tbh, and nothing really is appealing on the market atm. I'd like to keep the nexus 5.

24th July 2015, 09:37 PM |#2562  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag The Old Republic

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy Bangla

by mistake i lost the BBS screenies.

device is in deep sleep most of the time. minimal wakelocks.
also can you tell me how to know if battery needs replacing. Thanx bro.

Hard to say anything with those screen shots. You do have some extra awake time for sure though... Mostly the last part of the cycle. If you're gaming... That will drain you fast too.

Not seeing the shots from post 4 in the thread make it hard to judge.

Bad battery is rare though. Many jump to that conclusion and are disappointed when they get the new battery and it's still not good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2015, 09:39 PM |#2563  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag The Old Republic

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulchShake

I may need to just reflash then as I don't use any social media apps. No new apps have been installed recently aside from Disable Service. Is there any way to see which apps updated recently? An update could be the culprit.

Really the play store pages are the only way, that I know of. See when things were updated. I update manually always... So I know exactly when updates happen.
24th July 2015, 09:41 PM |#2564  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag The Old Republic

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson2

Just wanted to give you some feedback. I clean flashed my stock 4.4.4, reinstalled xposed, gravitybox, and xprivacy, and gradually all my apps using tibu. The battery problem disappeared. I'm now only losing about 3% battery during the night and no wakelocks. So I'm grateful for your help. I still don't know what app was at fault (suspect it might have been cputuner) but all is well now. Thank you.

Good to hear!
25th July 2015, 05:38 AM |#2565  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 43

More
any info on the sensor_ind wakelock?? google said that it is a nexus 6 problem but i sometimes get it on my nexus 5. plus i dont have hangouts which seems to be the main culprit. using cataclysm with hellscore.

P.S battery level increasing without charging(scrnshot). i read a few posts back that it has something to do with approximation errors of the software but is it supposed to happen this often
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-25-23-48-47.png
Views:	166
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	3418349  
Last edited by Joy Bangla; 25th July 2015 at 06:54 PM.
26th July 2015, 12:42 AM |#2566  
Flag Tangier
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, sometimes, once that I use the camera, the phone shutting down and when I turn it on, i find that the battery level is low, for example, often before to run the camera, battery level was 60%, after the turn on the camera, the phone shutting down and when i turn it on the battery level became 5%. Is there a help, thank you
**nexus 5 running 5.1.1
28th July 2015, 09:13 PM |#2567  
Flag Tangier
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirGantrophy

I noticed just recently (maybe 2 weeks ago) my battery will drain extremely fast when using it (standby it still seems to get good life)
I will be on it, say between 50-70% and it shuts off. Turn it back on and its like 3-15%, and then it seems to 'charge' itself from there.
The case on the side with the volume rocker is bulging slightly, not sure if its from dropping it a few times or if the battery is bad and expanded.
any other possibilities? If I need a new battery where can I get an OEM one or better that will fit without any modifications. If not I can get a new phone because my contract has been up for 2 years.
Not a fan of the nexus 6 tbh, and nothing really is appealing on the market atm. I'd like to keep the nexus 5.

same problem with my nexus 5
3rd August 2015, 06:53 AM |#2568  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Still having issues after a fresh flash. Location off, Gnow off, Data off (wifi only), zero social apps. Including a battery graph as well so the issue is better illustrated. Something is causing period extreme battery drain while the phone is idle. Radio signal is at a 2 or 3 the entire time according to GSAM.

Yesterday, 07:02 AM |#2569  
Flag China SiChuan
Thanks Meter: 6

More
why my phone charge too slow, 45% to 85%spend 8 hours
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread