LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is my battery life normal ? If it's not, what can I do ?

OP yashade2001

16th March 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 750

644 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi guys. My battery life is very good when i dont use my phone. And i dont have mm-qcamera-daemon problem. But when i open wifi or play a game (even when i play flappy bird, not joking) battery drains %1 every 3-4 mins ( just wifi is on, i use greenify), and when i play a game battery drains %1 every 2-3 mins. Is this normal ?

I use stock kernel, i'm on ondemand governor, stock rom. I'm rooted.

Thanks guys.
16th March 2014, 12:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 21

50 posts
Sounds normal to me, would make screen on time of 3 to 5 hours. That's not to bad... Compare to SOT of others in other threads...

Tapatalked from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to vielfalter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #3  
Flag Atlanta, Ga.
Thanks Meter: 702

1,554 posts
More
video games are battery intensive. you can use franco's per app mode app and use that to throttle processor and gpu speeds since most games don't need full power to run
The Following User Says Thank You to Enddo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #4  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 353

1,458 posts
More
You'd think simple games would always be less battery intensive but that is not the case. I'm not sure if it's lazy programming or just the inherent nature of Java.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
17th March 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #5  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 651

1,832 posts
More
Idk I am down to 60% with only 1 hour and 20 min since being fully charged. I'm displeased with my measly 2-3 hours of SOT. I have seen others with 5-6 hours, don't know how they do it

17th March 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,515

26,839 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRX120

Idk I am down to 60% with only 1 hour and 20 min since being fully charged. I'm displeased with my measly 2-3 hours of SOT. I have seen others with 5-6 hours, don't know how they do it

battery life is all about how you personally use your device, how you personally set it up, which apps you chose to install, and very much about the quality of your phone/data connection. even if you personally do everything right, if your phone/data connection lacks(quality and speed), then your battery performance wont be too hot.
17th March 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #7  
Flag Dover, DE
Thanks Meter: 1,022

2,553 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRX120

When I am at home, I turn off LTE and 3G. Just use 2G and Wi-Fi. Brightness about 40% and NFC, GPS off as well.
17th March 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!

26,839 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks

When I am at home, I turn off LTE and 3G. Just use 2G and Wi-Fi. Brightness about 40% and NFC, GPS off as well.

you would/should do much better on lte as opposed to 2g, unless your signal isnt good. generally the faster data travels back and forth would be better for battery, since the job finishes faster. i get an hour more sot using lte as opposed to 3g(hspa+).
17th March 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #9  
Flag Dover, DE
Thanks Meter: 1,022

2,553 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

you would/should do much better on lte as opposed to 2g, unless your signal isnt good. generally the faster data travels back and forth would be better for battery, since the job finishes faster. i get an hour more sot using lte as opposed to 3g(hspa+).

I don't need the data. Like I said, I am using Wi-Fi at home. I just use the phone for voice calls and 2G uses MUCH less battery than 3G or LTE.
17th March 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!

26,839 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks

I don't need the data. Like I said, I am using Wi-Fi at home. I just use the phone for voice calls and 2G uses MUCH less battery than 3G or LTE.

lol, i use mobile data too often. on 2g i get junk for battery life, and i dont use wifi at all as well. on lte, i easily get 5-6h sot without any effort at all(5h min every day). and on hspa+, i get around 4-4.5h sot usually.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread