Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,742 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is my battery life normal ? If it's not, what can I do ?

Tip us?

yashade2001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 569

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Is my battery life normal ? If it's not, what can I do ?

Hi guys. My battery life is very good when i dont use my phone. And i dont have mm-qcamera-daemon problem. But when i open wifi or play a game (even when i play flappy bird, not joking) battery drains %1 every 3-4 mins ( just wifi is on, i use greenify), and when i play a game battery drains %1 every 2-3 mins. Is this normal ?

I use stock kernel, i'm on ondemand governor, stock rom. I'm rooted.

Thanks guys.
AOSPAL Member

Add Me To Your Circles On Google+: plus.google.com/u/0/102336505893640042592
My GitHub: github.com/yashade2001

vielfalter
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Sounds normal to me, would make screen on time of 3 to 5 hours. That's not to bad... Compare to SOT of others in other threads...

Tapatalked from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to vielfalter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Enddo
Old
Thanks Meter 658
video games are battery intensive. you can use franco's per app mode app and use that to throttle processor and gpu speeds since most games don't need full power to run
The Following User Says Thank You to Enddo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 294
You'd think simple games would always be less battery intensive but that is not the case. I'm not sure if it's lazy programming or just the inherent nature of Java.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
W32

IRX120
Old
Thanks Meter 646
Idk I am down to 60% with only 1 hour and 20 min since being fully charged. I'm displeased with my measly 2-3 hours of SOT. I have seen others with 5-6 hours, don't know how they do it

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRX120 View Post
Idk I am down to 60% with only 1 hour and 20 min since being fully charged. I'm displeased with my measly 2-3 hours of SOT. I have seen others with 5-6 hours, don't know how they do it

battery life is all about how you personally use your device, how you personally set it up, which apps you chose to install, and very much about the quality of your phone/data connection. even if you personally do everything right, if your phone/data connection lacks(quality and speed), then your battery performance wont be too hot.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

Baldilocks
Old
Thanks Meter 994

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRX120 View Post

When I am at home, I turn off LTE and 3G. Just use 2G and Wi-Fi. Brightness about 40% and NFC, GPS off as well.
Nexus 5 - Loving me some Google

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks View Post
When I am at home, I turn off LTE and 3G. Just use 2G and Wi-Fi. Brightness about 40% and NFC, GPS off as well.
you would/should do much better on lte as opposed to 2g, unless your signal isnt good. generally the faster data travels back and forth would be better for battery, since the job finishes faster. i get an hour more sot using lte as opposed to 3g(hspa+).
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22

Baldilocks
Old
Thanks Meter 994

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
you would/should do much better on lte as opposed to 2g, unless your signal isnt good. generally the faster data travels back and forth would be better for battery, since the job finishes faster. i get an hour more sot using lte as opposed to 3g(hspa+).
I don't need the data. Like I said, I am using Wi-Fi at home. I just use the phone for voice calls and 2G uses MUCH less battery than 3G or LTE.
Nexus 5 - Loving me some Google

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks View Post
I don't need the data. Like I said, I am using Wi-Fi at home. I just use the phone for voice calls and 2G uses MUCH less battery than 3G or LTE.
lol, i use mobile data too often. on 2g i get junk for battery life, and i dont use wifi at all as well. on lte, i easily get 5-6h sot without any effort at all(5h min every day). and on hspa+, i get around 4-4.5h sot usually.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22