XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Problems

Tip us?

7ewis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Battery Problems

I'm using a Nexus 5, its my first Android device, and so my first time rooting.
I rooted yesterday using the Android SDK, and installed TWRP.
The root worked perfectly, and I have tested it. All I have done since rooting (unlocked boot loader at the same time, so I'm clean on stock), is install a few Play Apps like Twitter, WhatsApp and then BusyBox and dSploit.
I haven't added any customisations or anything, and my battery is now awful!
i.imgur/AkdAKjW.jpg (Can't post links yet)

My screen has been on for 50 minutes...

I have brightness on the lowest setting, have turned off vibrate on touch, turned off Wi-Fi, turned off Location, set to use 3G not 4G, set display to turn off after 15 seconds...

Im sure it can't be anything to do with the root, but I don't really know too much about it. Is there a problem with 4.4.2 and battery life?

What else can I do to improve it?

Ideally I'd like to be able to have a max of 3-4 hours screen time, and the device to last for 14-15 hours.

I was easily getting 14 hours before I rooted/updated, but now my battery life has just screwed up.

Why is the OS using up so much?

PsychDrummer
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ewis View Post
I'm using a Nexus 5, its my first Android device, and so my first time rooting.
I rooted yesterday using the Android SDK, and installed TWRP.
The root worked perfectly, and I have tested it. All I have done since rooting (unlocked boot loader at the same time, so I'm clean on stock), is install a few Play Apps like Twitter, WhatsApp and then BusyBox and dSploit.
I haven't added any customisations or anything, and my battery is now awful!
i.imgur/AkdAKjW.jpg (Can't post links yet)

My screen has been on for 50 minutes...

I have brightness on the lowest setting, have turned off vibrate on touch, turned off Wi-Fi, turned off Location, set to use 3G not 4G, set display to turn off after 15 seconds...

Im sure it can't be anything to do with the root, but I don't really know too much about it. Is there a problem with 4.4.2 and battery life?

What else can I do to improve it?

Ideally I'd like to be able to have a max of 3-4 hours screen time, and the device to last for 14-15 hours.

I was easily getting 14 hours before I rooted/updated, but now my battery life has just screwed up.

Why is the OS using up so much?
Is this not the first charge since you first saw the problem? The Android OS bug occurs sometimes. I would reboot and see how it is on the next full cycle.

droid-devz
Old
Thanks Meter 10
sreen may be turning in coz some apps might be asking for root access.

I think you try greenify app and hybernate useless apps, m sure this will help you.