5,603,920 Members 40,303 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My battery has been great until yesterday. Can you help me understand bbs?

Tip us?
 
joshpdavis80
Old
(Last edited by joshpdavis80; 4th February 2014 at 12:15 AM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 175
Join Date: Feb 2010
Default [Q] My battery has been great until yesterday. Can you help me understand bbs?

My battery has been great until recently. I have been used to 4-5 hrs screen on time. The last 2 days Android OS has been the biggest battery hog. Better Battery Stats (BBS) shows the proximity sensor is the #1 hog under partial wakelock. What else should I look at in BBS? I keep my brightness on about 25%. I use greenify. I have google now off. GPS is on high accuracy. I am stock rooted with xposed framework and gravitybox. Thanks in advance for the help!
 
BirchBarlow
Old
#2  
BirchBarlow's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 258
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshpdavis80 View Post
My battery has been great until recently. I have been used to 4-5 hrs screen on time. The last 2 days Android OS has been the biggest battery hog. Better Battery Stats (BBS) shows the proximity sensor is the #1 hog under partial wakelock. What else should I look at in BBS? I keep my brightness on about 25%. I use greenify. I have google now off. GPS is on high accuracy. I am stock rooted with xposed framework and gravitybox. Thanks in advance for the help!
Have you tried wiping cache/dalvik? Sometimes that helps with spontaneous battery issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to BirchBarlow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
joshpdavis80
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 175
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Have you tried wiping cache/dalvik? Sometimes that helps with spontaneous battery issues.
I had not yet. But thanks for reminding me. I just did it. Hopefully it helps.
 
joshpdavis80
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 175
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshpdavis80 View Post
I had not yet. But thanks for reminding me. I just did it. Hopefully it helps.
I think it did the trick. My battery life is better so far. Thanks again.
 
kraven001
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 297
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Craiova
actually reboot usually helps. for some unknown reason from time to time it starts draining like crazy with power manager wakelocks or gnow or play services wakelocks.

haven't found a reason so far and stopped researching because it's frustrating.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes