5,603,920 Members 40,303 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My battery has been great until yesterday. Can you help me understand bbs?

Tip us?

joshpdavis80
Old
(Last edited by joshpdavis80; 4th February 2014 at 12:15 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] My battery has been great until yesterday. Can you help me understand bbs?

My battery has been great until recently. I have been used to 4-5 hrs screen on time. The last 2 days Android OS has been the biggest battery hog. Better Battery Stats (BBS) shows the proximity sensor is the #1 hog under partial wakelock. What else should I look at in BBS? I keep my brightness on about 25%. I use greenify. I have google now off. GPS is on high accuracy. I am stock rooted with xposed framework and gravitybox. Thanks in advance for the help!

BirchBarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshpdavis80 View Post
My battery has been great until recently. I have been used to 4-5 hrs screen on time. The last 2 days Android OS has been the biggest battery hog. Better Battery Stats (BBS) shows the proximity sensor is the #1 hog under partial wakelock. What else should I look at in BBS? I keep my brightness on about 25%. I use greenify. I have google now off. GPS is on high accuracy. I am stock rooted with xposed framework and gravitybox. Thanks in advance for the help!
Have you tried wiping cache/dalvik? Sometimes that helps with spontaneous battery issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to BirchBarlow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshpdavis80
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Have you tried wiping cache/dalvik? Sometimes that helps with spontaneous battery issues.
I had not yet. But thanks for reminding me. I just did it. Hopefully it helps.

joshpdavis80
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshpdavis80 View Post
I had not yet. But thanks for reminding me. I just did it. Hopefully it helps.
I think it did the trick. My battery life is better so far. Thanks again.

kraven001
Old
Thanks Meter 117
actually reboot usually helps. for some unknown reason from time to time it starts draining like crazy with power manager wakelocks or gnow or play services wakelocks.

haven't found a reason so far and stopped researching because it's frustrating.