Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 48,738 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What is the best app to stream from a shared drive to smartphone?

Tip us?

Eavesdrop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default What is the best app to stream from a shared drive to smartphone?

I came across to this question simply because I thought ES-Player + MX player can do it perfectly for me but instead it disappointed me. It seems like the throughput that SMB is using is limited because it buffers for like every 3-5 seconds so I'm looking for an app that will give me better results. So guys, suggest me an app that will work perfectly.

Thanks.
AOSP Goodness

rootSU
Old
(Last edited by rootSU; 18th June 2014 at 09:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9784
If you're using MX player and your files have DTS 5.1 audio, you would need to install the additional codec via the MX player menu to get things to stream properly.

MX works great for me from my NAS

I think these are the settings. You'll need once you have installed the neon codec

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

Eavesdrop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
If you're using MX player and your files have DTS 5.1 audio, you would need to install the additional codec via the MX player menu to get things to stream properly.

MX works great for me from my NAS

I think these are the settings. You'll need once you have installed the neon codec

I don't have problems on the video itself, the problem is with the es file explorer. It's SMB buffers alot to the point that the video isn't watchable anymore. What are you using to stream to your phone?
AOSP Goodness

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eavesdrop View Post
I don't have problems on the video itself, the problem is with the es file explorer. It's SMB buffers alot to the point that the video isn't watchable anymore. What are you using to stream to your phone?
I just browse to my NAS in solid explorer, click a video and watch it. If you're watching videos over the network though, you will still need to do the above settings in MX player because otherwise you will get an unwatchable and jerky video due to the Audio problems
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.