Ask a question

No registration required

Best Battery Life

OP kyco16

9th February 2014, 06:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
What Kernal, ROM, setting, etc. do you use to maximize the battery life of the Nexus 5? I am looking for the best possible set up. I am a college kid and a business man so I do not really spend much time near the charger. A full day would be nice. I am also open to other phone suggestions besides any Samsung device. Touchwiz is the devil.
9th February 2014, 06:56 AM   |  #2  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 2

41 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyco16

What Kernal, ROM, setting, etc. do you use to maximize the battery life of the Nexus 5? I am looking for the best possible set up. I am a college kid and a business man so I do not really spend much time near the charger. A full day would be nice. I am also open to other phone suggestions besides any Samsung device. Touchwiz is the devil.

I currently am running Cyanogenmod nightlys on my nexus 5 and ATM I have 32% left. The phone has been on 13h39m and screen time was on for 2h16m. I am not a heavy user by any means but stock cyanogenmod on my Nexus 5 easily lasts me all day. As for other devices, you could look into the LG G2. It is essentially the nexus 5 with a bunch of LG bloatware and a bigger battery. I personally think the Note series is probably your best bet even though you don't like Samsung. The HTC one max is a similar size to the note 3 and has a big battery but I am not sure what the battery life is like for that device. I used to have a Note 2 and absolutely loved it. The only reason I got rid of it was because I switched carriers and it was a little out dated when I switched but the Note 3 wasn't available yet. The Note 2 lasted me 2 days without me ever worrying about the battery charge.

If you really want a nexus 5 you can look into a portable battery backup as well. Some of them will be able to charge the nexus 5 2-3 times before they need to be recharged. Something like this: Link
9th February 2014, 11:35 AM   |  #3  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,334

24,422 posts
More
Please don't create "best" threads

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2477889

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread