Best way to improve sound and camera quality on 4.4.4?

Search This thread

grimreaper1014

Dec 31, 2012
Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is any options left to improve sound and camera quality on the Nexus 5? My hearing isn't the greatest but I can hear perfectly fine on my moms cell and other cell phones. If I could get the volume a tad higher on my Nexus 5 that would be great. Also, another problem I am having is I have Rottweiler puppies that I am trying to get pictures of. They don't like to sit still so I am always having to refocus and when I try to refocus the pictures just look like crap. Like the lighting is always messed up and stuff. Is there any way to fix this? I use to use the volume mod and camera mod which seamed to help a bit. However, I do not see any new releases for the newest android build. I had tried installing them a while back and I could not boot so I don't think they are compatible anymore. If someone could offer me some alternatives I would be very appreciative.

I got one more question as well. If I want to fully clean my internal storage before installing a custom rom what is the best way to do so? Is there anyway to remove the folders for installed programs but still keep the files there needed for rooting? I hope that makes sense. After doing a factory reset I still see folders from previously installed programs and apps.

Thanks,
Rocky

Alcolawl

Jul 21, 2012
United States
Google Pixel 7
I would seriously consider installing Jishnu's Camera Fix. Make sure to grab Version 1.5. I had similar complaints not too long ago and this mod fixed most of them. Best of all, you don't have to download any new Camera apps, this mod just tweaks pre-existing files.

The download links were removed from that thread for some reason. Here's a download link to the latest version: N5_Cam_V1.5.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: MrThreeChains

grimreaper1014

Dec 31, 2012
I would seriously consider installing Jishnu's Camera Fix. Make sure to grab Version 1.4. I had similar complaints not too long ago and this mod fixed most of them. Best of all, you don't have to download any new Camera apps, this mod just tweaks pre-existing files.

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I will definitely give that a shot. It says there is also version 1.5. Do you still recommend installing 1.4?

Thanks,
Rocky

Alcolawl

Jul 21, 2012
United States
Google Pixel 7
Hello,

Thank you for your response. I will definitely give that a shot. It says there is also version 1.5. Do you still recommend installing 1.4?

Thanks,
Rocky

Nah, that was a typo, my mistake. Version 1.5 is the latest version and I'd definitely recommend it. Check my earlier post, I edited it with a proper download link. Just make sure to flash the zip in recovery and you should be all set!

grimreaper1014

Dec 31, 2012
Hiya guys,

I am still having problems with the volume on my phone. In call it is very low! I have never heard it this low. I don't know what the heck happened but it seams like its even lower than normal now. I have tried viper4android but it doesn't seam like its making much of a difference. I'm not sure if it even affects in call volume or not. If any of you guys have any solutions please let me know.

Thanks,
Rocky

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would seriously consider installing Jishnu's Camera Fix. Make sure to grab Version 1.5. I had similar complaints not too long ago and this mod fixed most of them. Best of all, you don't have to download any new Camera apps, this mod just tweaks pre-existing files.

The download links were removed from that thread for some reason. Here's a download link to the latest version: N5_Cam_V1.5.zip