Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,513 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best way to improve sound and camera quality on 4.4.4?

Tip us?

grimreaper1014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Best way to improve sound and camera quality on 4.4.4?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is any options left to improve sound and camera quality on the Nexus 5? My hearing isn't the greatest but I can hear perfectly fine on my moms cell and other cell phones. If I could get the volume a tad higher on my Nexus 5 that would be great. Also, another problem I am having is I have Rottweiler puppies that I am trying to get pictures of. They don't like to sit still so I am always having to refocus and when I try to refocus the pictures just look like crap. Like the lighting is always messed up and stuff. Is there any way to fix this? I use to use the volume mod and camera mod which seamed to help a bit. However, I do not see any new releases for the newest android build. I had tried installing them a while back and I could not boot so I don't think they are compatible anymore. If someone could offer me some alternatives I would be very appreciative.

I got one more question as well. If I want to fully clean my internal storage before installing a custom rom what is the best way to do so? Is there anyway to remove the folders for installed programs but still keep the files there needed for rooting? I hope that makes sense. After doing a factory reset I still see folders from previously installed programs and apps.

Thanks,
Rocky

Alcolawl
Old
(Last edited by Alcolawl; 21st August 2014 at 04:32 PM.) Reason: Download link added
Thanks Meter 74
I would seriously consider installing Jishnu's Camera Fix. Make sure to grab Version 1.5. I had similar complaints not too long ago and this mod fixed most of them. Best of all, you don't have to download any new Camera apps, this mod just tweaks pre-existing files.

The download links were removed from that thread for some reason. Here's a download link to the latest version: N5_Cam_V1.5.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to Alcolawl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

grimreaper1014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcolawl View Post
I would seriously consider installing Jishnu's Camera Fix. Make sure to grab Version 1.4. I had similar complaints not too long ago and this mod fixed most of them. Best of all, you don't have to download any new Camera apps, this mod just tweaks pre-existing files.
Hello,

Thank you for your response. I will definitely give that a shot. It says there is also version 1.5. Do you still recommend installing 1.4?

Thanks,
Rocky

Alcolawl
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreaper1014 View Post
Hello,

Thank you for your response. I will definitely give that a shot. It says there is also version 1.5. Do you still recommend installing 1.4?

Thanks,
Rocky
Nah, that was a typo, my mistake. Version 1.5 is the latest version and I'd definitely recommend it. Check my earlier post, I edited it with a proper download link. Just make sure to flash the zip in recovery and you should be all set!

grimreaper1014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Nah, that was a typo, my mistake. Version 1.5 is the latest version and I'd definitely recommend it. Check my earlier post, I edited it with a proper download link.
Cool thanks I just downloaded it. Do you know if it will work with custom ROM's by chance?

Alcolawl
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreaper1014 View Post
Cool thanks I just downloaded it. Do you know if it will work with custom ROM's by chance?
I'm assuming it'll work with any Stock or AOSP based roms. I'm currently running CM11 M9, using the Google Camera app, and it worked beautifully.

grimreaper1014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I'm assuming it'll work with any Stock or AOSP based roms. I'm currently running CM11 M9, using the Google Camera app, and it worked beautifully.
Sweet thats exactly what i was getting ready to flash. Thanks again for all your help.

grimreaper1014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hiya guys,

I am still having problems with the volume on my phone. In call it is very low! I have never heard it this low. I don't know what the heck happened but it seams like its even lower than normal now. I have tried viper4android but it doesn't seam like its making much of a difference. I'm not sure if it even affects in call volume or not. If any of you guys have any solutions please let me know.

Thanks,
Rocky