Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,721 Members 39,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best way to get back to stock?

Tip us?
justinisloco Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Best way to get back to stock?

So I am currently on vacation for the next week, and I wanted to bring my phone back to stock. Not nesesarily unroot, but stock enough to completely start from scratch. I am running PA. I do not have access to a computer until next week. What will be my best route?

I want to be able to get an OTA if there is an update, and I won't mind losing root once there is an update. That's one thing.

As well as, what can I do once I get back to the stock state which will help me completely wipe my phone without having to flash the stock image (once again, no computer)

Thanks!

CRIME INC.
Old
Thanks Meter 1,945
Flash this till you can get to a PC
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2622831

[ROM] |4.4.2| Nexus 5 Untouched Stock ROM |Pre-Rooted & Busybox| |Odexed|

Sent from my PARANOID HAMMERHEAD
The Following User Says Thank You to CRIME INC. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cyanhackx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinisloco View Post
So I am currently on vacation for the next week, and I wanted to bring my phone back to stock. Not nesesarily unroot, but stock enough to completely start from scratch. I am running PA. I do not have access to a computer until next week. What will be my best route?

I want to be able to get an OTA if there is an update, and I won't mind losing root once there is an update. That's one thing.

As well as, what can I do once I get back to the stock state which will help me completely wipe my phone without having to flash the stock image (once again, no computer)

Thanks!
Look for a stock flashable ROM, thats the only option you have given the current state that you have just said.
justinisloco Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIME INC. View Post
Flash this till you can get to a PC
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2622831

[ROM] |4.4.2| Nexus 5 Untouched Stock ROM |Pre-Rooted & Busybox| |Odexed|

Sent from my PARANOID HAMMERHEAD
Lol maybe I should've asked this- what would be the disadvantage of flashing the stock ROM vs flashing the stock img on the PC?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,415
Quote:
Lol maybe I should've asked this- what would be the disadvantage of flashing the stock ROM vs flashing the stock img on the PC?

This is only a stock rom. It leaves your recovery etc as is. By a PC, you return the whole phone to stock.

Unless you're having issues, I wouldn't recommend doing anything whilst you're away

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
This is only a stock rom. It leaves your recovery etc as is. By a PC, you return the whole phone to stock.

Unless you're having issues, I wouldn't recommend doing anything whilst you're away

This is an excellent post! Lol

If you are away.... And play around with your phone.... You may end up with no phone the rest of your vacation.

Leave it til you get home!!! Unless you can potentially live without it if something goes wrong.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
justinisloco Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
This is an excellent post! Lol

If you are away.... And play around with your phone.... You may end up with no phone the rest of your vacation.

Leave it til you get home!!! Unless you can potentially live without it if something goes wrong.
Lol I don't think I know anyone who could live without the phone.

I ended up flashing the stock ROM anyway, and will just flash img when I get back

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,179

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Lol I don't think I know anyone who could live without the phone.

I ended up flashing the stock ROM anyway, and will just flash img when I get back

If you're rooted, you could use flashify to flash the stock recovery!

Stock Recovery: http://d-h.st/yd9

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
If you're rooted, you could use flashify to flash the stock recovery!

Stock Recovery: http://d-h.st/yd9
Yeah. You can fully unroot without a computer. I can identify the steps if anyone is interested

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.