Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Black screen and wallpaper pop-in when exiting apps to the homescreen

OP showofdeth

18th February 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

34 posts
This issue is a little hard to explain in greater detail than the title states. Happens quite a lot lately when closing an app. Basically after exiting to the homescreen via the home button I'm faced with a second or so of a black screen then the wallpaper and app icons just pop onscreen. Very annoying. Does anyone here know why this may be happening or what possibly might be causing it? I'm rooted pretty much stock with the Franco Kernel and xposed and only a few xposed modules.
18th February 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 387

1,748 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by showofdeth

This issue is a little hard to explain in greater detail than the title states. Happens quite a lot lately when closing an app. Basically after exiting to the homescreen via the home button I'm faced with a second or so of a black screen then the wallpaper and app icons just pop onscreen. Very annoying. Does anyone here know why this may be happening or what possibly might be causing it? I'm rooted pretty much stock with the Franco Kernel and xposed and only a few xposed modules.

Can you post a screen recording?
18th February 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 223

842 posts
Stock home-launcher? Or custom one? If so it might be custom home launcher issue,or maybe xposed module issue.
18th February 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 532

2,025 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is it a launcher redraw, like what happens when the phone is out of memory? Or is what you described something else?
18th February 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonna

Stock home-launcher? Or custom one? If so it might be custom home launcher issue,or maybe xposed module issue.

It's actually Nova Launcher. Do you think a launcher can cause something along the lines I (tried to) described?
18th February 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by korockinout13

Is it a launcher redraw, like what happens when the phone is out of memory? Or is what you described something else?

I guess that sounds about right. Just now went in to Nova's advanced menu and an option was there for aggressive desktop which did mention about redraws and such. I checked it so I'll have to play around a bit to see if it'll make a difference. Thanks for mentioning it.
18th February 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #7  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 373

1,522 posts
More
I've seen the same thing after playing a game on stock. Think it is the aggressive memory management in 4.4

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread