5,604,686 Members 34,992 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Black screen and wallpaper pop-in when exiting apps to the homescreen

Tip us?

showofdeth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Black screen and wallpaper pop-in when exiting apps to the homescreen

This issue is a little hard to explain in greater detail than the title states. Happens quite a lot lately when closing an app. Basically after exiting to the homescreen via the home button I'm faced with a second or so of a black screen then the wallpaper and app icons just pop onscreen. Very annoying. Does anyone here know why this may be happening or what possibly might be causing it? I'm rooted pretty much stock with the Franco Kernel and xposed and only a few xposed modules.

PhilipTD
Old
Thanks Meter 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by showofdeth View Post
This issue is a little hard to explain in greater detail than the title states. Happens quite a lot lately when closing an app. Basically after exiting to the homescreen via the home button I'm faced with a second or so of a black screen then the wallpaper and app icons just pop onscreen. Very annoying. Does anyone here know why this may be happening or what possibly might be causing it? I'm rooted pretty much stock with the Franco Kernel and xposed and only a few xposed modules.
Can you post a screen recording?

NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK442 FK47 DALVIK XPOSED TWRP2734

Simonna
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Stock home-launcher? Or custom one? If so it might be custom home launcher issue,or maybe xposed module issue.
Galaxy S3(sold)

Nexus 5 Beanstalk•••Uber kernel

korockinout13
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Is it a launcher redraw, like what happens when the phone is out of memory? Or is what you described something else?
Nexus 5 16GB on T-Mobile LTE: CM 11 + hells-core + TWRP || Nexus 7 2012 32GB: Stock 4.4 + Xposed + franco + TWRP
Nexus 4 (cracked )|AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII i777 (sold)|AT&T Samsung Galaxy S Captivate i897 (sold)

All in One Guide for Samsung i897 Captivate, i9000 Galaxy S
Get extra space on Copy or Dropbox with a new account!

showofdeth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonna View Post
Stock home-launcher? Or custom one? If so it might be custom home launcher issue,or maybe xposed module issue.
It's actually Nova Launcher. Do you think a launcher can cause something along the lines I (tried to) described?

showofdeth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by korockinout13 View Post
Is it a launcher redraw, like what happens when the phone is out of memory? Or is what you described something else?
I guess that sounds about right. Just now went in to Nova's advanced menu and an option was there for aggressive desktop which did mention about redraws and such. I checked it so I'll have to play around a bit to see if it'll make a difference. Thanks for mentioning it.

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 178
I've seen the same thing after playing a game on stock. Think it is the aggressive memory management in 4.4

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
W32