XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Blank Phone? Need Help!

Tip us?

vI Ragnarok Iv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Blank Phone? Need Help!

Ok, So basically I accidentally formatted my entire phone while trying to flash SlimKat... Noobish, I know, lol. My question is: If I'm still able to enter recovery (TWRP) would I be able to flash a rom still or should I revert to stock 4.4.2?

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by vI Ragnarok Iv View Post
Ok, So basically I accidentally formatted my entire phone while trying to flash SlimKat... Noobish, I know, lol. My question is: If I'm still able to enter recovery (TWRP) would I be able to flash a rom still or should I revert to stock 4.4.2?
if you can still enter recovery, you can adb push a rom/gapps to your phone and flash tbem.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

vI Ragnarok Iv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
if you can still enter recovery, you can adb push a rom/gapps to your phone and flash tbem.
Ok, cool. Would you mind elaborating a bit, I'm not too familiar with using console commands to flash. Also, thanks for the help!!

exb0
Old
Thanks Meter 411
Quote:
Ok, cool. Would you mind elaborating a bit, I'm not too familiar with using console commands to flash. Also, thanks for the help!!
Please look at this thread, and read it thoroughly.

-Download ROM and Gapps, transfer it to your ADB folder and rename it to something easy (Eg : Rom.zip and Gapps.zip).
-Open CMD/Terminal, navigate to your ADB folder.
-Boot into recovery on your phone and plug in your phone, find something called ADB Sideload. It's under Advance in TWRP if I'm not mistaken.
-Type in "adb sideload *.zip" . Replace * with your zip name you have renamed earlier.
-Your phone should be flashing the zip. Simply reboot and you should be perfectly fine.
Current Devices :
LG Nexus 5
LG Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Sony W810

Ex Devices :
HTC Dream - SOLD
HTC HD2 - Water Damaged :'(
LG Nexus 4 - Stolen </3
HTC Sensation - Retired
Nexus One - Retired
ZTE V9 - Retired

My Google Plus
My Website
Transparent StatusBar Mod Thanks to ZduneX25
Register for Dropbox here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exb0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vI Ragnarok Iv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by exb0 View Post
Please look at this thread, and read it thoroughly.

-Download ROM and Gapps, transfer it to your ADB folder and rename it to something easy (Eg : Rom.zip and Gapps.zip).
-Open CMD/Terminal, navigate to your ADB folder.
-Boot into recovery on your phone and plug in your phone, find something called ADB Sideload. It's under Advance in TWRP if I'm not mistaken.
-Type in "adb sideload *.zip" . Replace * with your zip name you have renamed earlier.
-Your phone should be flashing the zip. Simply reboot and you should be perfectly fine.
Thank you, sir. Couldn't get adb sideload to work so I just flashed the factory image of 4.4.2. No big deal, I'll just have to Re-root. :/

exb0
Old
Thanks Meter 411
Quote:
Thank you, sir. Couldn't get adb sideload to work so I just flashed the factory image of 4.4.2. No big deal, I'll just have to Re-root. :/
Oh, that was probably a driver issue. No worries, you can always get into android, transfer the custom rom into your SD card, boot into recovery, wipe and flash if you want to try out a custom rom.
Current Devices :
LG Nexus 5
LG Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Sony W810

Ex Devices :
HTC Dream - SOLD
HTC HD2 - Water Damaged :'(
LG Nexus 4 - Stolen </3
HTC Sensation - Retired
Nexus One - Retired
ZTE V9 - Retired