Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 48,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth call quality issues on nexus 5

Tip us?
 
qwerty warrior
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 669
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Bluetooth call quality issues on nexus 5

hi guys

i got a JBL bluetooth 4.0 headphone and im having an odd issue
when calling i hear them very well but they hear me what can be described as "very low quality" "echoey" and far away

any one else has these issues ?
all i found were people with 3.5mm jack headphone issues but not blue tooth


running stock 4.4.2 (rooted)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuperMan View Post
I'm half afraid it's a fake changelog with every disallowed feature request us xda trolls wanted.
@codeworks: this must've crossed your mind when Samsung announced ICS on 10th
 
qwerty warrior
Old
#2  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 669
Join Date: Jan 2011
bump
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuperMan View Post
I'm half afraid it's a fake changelog with every disallowed feature request us xda trolls wanted.
@codeworks: this must've crossed your mind when Samsung announced ICS on 10th
 
PhilipTD
Old
#3  
PhilipTD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 361
Posts: 1,712
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty warrior View Post
hi guys
i got a JBL bluetooth 4.0 headphone and im having an odd issue
when calling i hear them very well but they hear me what can be described as "very low quality" "echoey" and far away
any one else has these issues ?
all i found were people with 3.5mm jack headphone issues but not blue tooth
running stock 4.4.2 (rooted)
You have most probably already done so, but, just in case, how about, as a first step in isolating the problem, trying the headphones on another phone, and trying the phone with other headphones.

ONEPLUS ONE STOCK (ROOTING NOW)
NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK444 FK XPOSED TWRP

 
The Following User Says Thank You to PhilipTD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
qwerty warrior
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 669
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD View Post
You have most probably already done so, but, just in case, how about, as a first step in isolating the problem, trying the headphones on another phone, and trying the phone with other headphones.
just googled it one more time it seems like its an issue with what google has been adding to android

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/12...etooth-issues/

it includes workaround that i will try soon
ill also try it with an iphone 5 and see if its the head set thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuperMan View Post
I'm half afraid it's a fake changelog with every disallowed feature request us xda trolls wanted.
@codeworks: this must've crossed your mind when Samsung announced ICS on 10th
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes