Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth issue in car

Tip us?

Digital_Fidelity
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Bluetooth issue in car

Whenever I connect my phone by Bluetooth to my car's stereo, only the front speakers work, nothing from the 2 rear speakers. I've tried adjusting the fade and checking settings in poweramp but still nothing. I'm not sure if this would be an issue with my phone, the ROM, or the car audio system. I'm thinking it's an issue with the car's audio but I figured I'd ask here in case somebody else has had the same issue. I am on liquid smooth 3.0 April 24th build with elemental x kernel but I had the same issue with my galaxy s4

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

joannn
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 13
Default Audio !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Fidelity View Post
Whenever I connect my phone by Bluetooth to my car's stereo, only the front speakers work, nothing from the 2 rear speakers. I've tried adjusting the fade and checking settings in poweramp but still nothing. I'm not sure if this would be an issue with my phone, the ROM, or the car audio system. I'm thinking it's an issue with the car's audio but I figured I'd ask here in case somebody else has had the same issue. I am on liquid smooth 3.0 April 24th build with elemental x kernel but I had the same issue with my galaxy s4

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I have no problem with nexus 5 and my car Bluetooth connectivity.

Make sure that your audio system, GPS and make and model are compatible with the bluetooth from the phone. Some other connectivity issues are that the car kit cannot decode the Bluetooth device that it is trying to connect. This decode means that the system cannot recognize the name. This is a frequent problem when devices have been upgraded. While your system may have worked fine before, upgrades can cause problems because the compatibility all of a sudden changes. This is an issue that has not really been addressed by the manufacturers.
Another frequent problem that can occur is that the Bluetooth will connect but then it will not stay connected and only one speaker is running,. Many times this can be a hardware issue.

So the bluetooth device can connect but it does not work properly. In this case there is an issue with the stereo connection to the Bluetooth unit. There is nothing actually wrong with the bluetooth or devices but this is a software issue. To fix it see if the manufacturer is offering any updates. If one person has had the issue then you can bet that many people will have the problem. This is a problem with the car kit software as no matter which phone or earpiece you use the audio will not play from the speakers. Check that the vehicle supports bluetooth audio as some only will support bluetooth phone calls. These are 2 very different things.

Most of the time, look into the settings for the bluetooth and the car system. If the car battery should die then the system may reset to the defaults. This means that all of the current settings will be lost and need to be reset. Not only will you need to check the settings in the car system but also in your phone or other bluetooth device. In order to correct the bluetooth settings the device will need to be connected to the computer.

Digital_Fidelity
Old
(Last edited by Digital_Fidelity; 25th April 2014 at 07:02 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by joannn View Post
I have no problem with nexus 5 and my car Bluetooth connectivity.

Make sure that your audio system, GPS and make and model are compatible with the bluetooth from the phone. Some other connectivity issues are that the car kit cannot decode the Bluetooth device that it is trying to connect. This decode means that the system cannot recognize the name. This is a frequent problem when devices have been upgraded. While your system may have worked fine before, upgrades can cause problems because the compatibility all of a sudden changes. This is an issue that has not really been addressed by the manufacturers.
Another frequent problem that can occur is that the Bluetooth will connect but then it will not stay connected and only one speaker is running,. Many times this can be a hardware issue.

So the bluetooth device can connect but it does not work properly. In this case there is an issue with the stereo connection to the Bluetooth unit. There is nothing actually wrong with the bluetooth or devices but this is a software issue. To fix it see if the manufacturer is offering any updates. If one person has had the issue then you can bet that many people will have the problem. This is a problem with the car kit software as no matter which phone or earpiece you use the audio will not play from the speakers. Check that the vehicle supports bluetooth audio as some only will support bluetooth phone calls. These are 2 very different things.

Most of the time, look into the settings for the bluetooth and the car system. If the car battery should die then the system may reset to the defaults. This means that all of the current settings will be lost and need to be reset. Not only will you need to check the settings in the car system but also in your phone or other bluetooth device. In order to correct the bluetooth settings the device will need to be connected to the computer.
I have an aftermarket Kenwood double DIN deck with Bluetooth 2.1. It connects perfectly fine, shows up with Nexus 5 when pairing, shows the song title, shows the name of the person calling... It works great when plugged in through the aux port, but of course doesn't show me any information that way. When I had the S4 it showed up as SGH-M919. It stays connected just fine and I had it playing for a while before I tried turning up the volume and noticed it didn't sound right and figured out the rear speakers weren't playing.

I just checked and noticed there is a somewhat recent update on Kenwood's site but it was still about 3 weeks before I bought the deck... I'll try doing that though. (edit) just checked again and the update isn't for my model, there's no software for it

Thank you for answering since I'm pretty sure now that it's a problem with the stereo and nothing to do with Android lol

Kind of embarrassed to admit it but...I did have Car Toys install it so... they probably didn't do a very great job. I knew I should have had either Best Buy do it or tracked down a friend that could do it. Oh well