Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 48,791 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth profile

Tip us?

likonvampire
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Default Bluetooth profile

Hi Guys

Is there a backup solution for the backup and restore of the saved bluetooth and WiFi profiles when flashing between ROMs? I am currently on Slim and I have to go through the setup after every clean flash . The bluetooth setup is painful as I have 5-6 different devices paired for bluetooth .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Google Nexus Carbon Black 32 GB

If I've helped you with something , don't forget to hit that "Thanks" button. Thanks is GOLD.

pwrmedia
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by likonvampire View Post
Hi Guys

Is there a backup solution for the backup and restore of the saved bluetooth and WiFi profiles when flashing between ROMs? I am currently on Slim and I have to go through the setup after every clean flash . The bluetooth setup is painful as I have 5-6 different devices paired for bluetooth .

Titanium Backup from the Play Store will let you back up both (as well as any accounts you've added).
Currently running:

Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: 4.4.2 Rooted Stock
Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: Stock
Freq: Stock
LCD Density: 300

Retired: HTC One, S3 Dev Ed., Galaxy Nexus, iPhone4s 32G, EVO LTE, 3vo, MoPho, Evo Shift, OG Evo, Hero, Diamond
The Following User Says Thank You to pwrmedia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

likonvampire
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrmedia View Post
Titanium Backup from the Play Store will let you back up both (as well as any accounts you've added).
OK I already use TB , is there a specific option I need to look for ?
Is it backup of apps and system data ?
Google Nexus Carbon Black 32 GB

If I've helped you with something , don't forget to hit that "Thanks" button. Thanks is GOLD.

charesa39
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by likonvampire View Post
OK I already use TB , is there a specific option I need to look for ?
Is it backup of apps and system data ?
You can back them up individually. Hit "Backup/Restore". Then, you should see "Bluetooth Pairings" and "WiFi Access Points" in the list of apps. I believe it backs up the WiFi access points in an XML format.
The Following User Says Thank You to charesa39 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bwagner
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default TiBU Does Not Work

Titanium Backup will backup Bluetooth profiles, but they are "corrupted" if you verify the backups and they will not restore. I have not been able to back up profiles since since 4.3 on Nexus 4 or 5.

Contacted developer several times over the past year or so, and no response.

B
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bwagner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndrasLOHF
Old
Thanks Meter 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwagner View Post
Titanium Backup will backup Bluetooth profiles, but they are "corrupted" if you verify the backups and they will not restore. I have not been able to back up profiles since since 4.3 on Nexus 4 or 5.

Contacted developer several times over the past year or so, and no response.

B
^^^^THIS^^^^^

I have never not once gotten Titanium to restore bluetooth profiles in the dozens upon dozens times I've tried. I really think Google Backup should store this information like it does Wifi passwords.
Nexus 5 PandaTrooper on that Paranoid Frandroid!!!

Get your eargasm herehttp://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...droid-t2543796
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndrasLOHF For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]